Part 3

You got back to your apartment, and kelly was waiting for you.

"Where have you been??" she asked.

"i went shopping. you ditched me so i ditched you," you said bitterly, brushing past her and walking to your room.

"I'm sorry!" she shouted after you, following you and standing in the doorway of your room, "Do you want to go get some food?"

"No thanks," you replied, collapsing on your bed and pulling out your phone.

"Fine. I'm going to call my boyfriend and see if he wants to hang out," she said.

"You do that," you replied, not looking up from your phone.

"Ugh," she said, and huffed out of the room.

About 5 minutes later you heard the door open and close as she left.

Great.

An apartment to yourself, you thought.

You stayed in your bed and suddenly felt very tired, even though it was probably 7. you felt yourself drifting off to sleep...

***

The next morning, you woke up without kelly dragging you out of bed.

it was 7:30 and you went to take a shower.

Once you were done, you dried your hair, put on appropriate clothes for your new job, did your makeup and walked into the kitchen. You made yourself coffee and soon were walking out of the apartment, unaware where Kelly was but not caring in the slightest.

***

You arrived at the building and went up the elevator after figuring out where Mr. Stan's assistant was. She was an average height beautiful woman with long blonde hair. You followed her to where she showed was your office, and you sat down at your desk. She left you alone, and you were looking at something on your laptop when a voice startled you.

"So how do you like your office?" the charming voice asked, and you looked up to see Sebastian leaning in your doorway.

"It's great," you said, feeling your heart began to beat faster.

"I bet you didn't even look at the beautiful view," he said, walking into your office and heading towards the window that was covered with closed curtains.

"What view?" you asked, getting up and following him to the window.

He opened up the curtains and you looked out at the beautiful city from 11 stories up.

"Wow," you said.

"I know, right?" he said, and suddenly you realized how close he was to you.

he quickly backed away, "I mean...you need to get to work now. I, uh, emailed you your first assignment."

he began walking away from the window uncomfortably, "i'll see you at lunch," he said with a smile, and soon had vanished as quickly as he had appeared.

***

12 came soon and it was your lunch break. You left your office, walking through the hallways and not knowing where you wanted to go for lunch. You got to the elevator and clicked the button to go down, only to be joined by Sebastian.

"Hey," he smiled.

"Hi," you replied shyly as the elevator opened.

He gestured for you to get in, "After you," he said kindly and you stepped into the elevator as he stepped in with you and the two of you were alone.

11 flights never felt so slow in your entire life, as the two of you stood in awkward silence.

the elevator soon opened and you walked off.

"(y/n)! wait!" sebastian suddenly called after you, and you turned around.

"yes?" you asked calmly.

"there's a few work things i'd like to talk to you about. shall we discuss them over lunch?" he suggested.

"Okay...sure," you replied hesitantly.

"Well great, we best be going then. Come on," he said casually, and the two of you left the building.

621 words