Part 9

The two of you continued to drive in silence until finally he began to slow down and you arrived at a nice restaurant. He parked and the two of you walked into the restaurant.

"Stan, table for two," he said to the woman at the front counter.

"Right this way," she said, leading us through the restaurant and to a table outside on a deck overlooking a small area of grass with a gazebo and then a pond.

The sky was filled with beautiful colors of purple and pink and orange, and the sun was just touching the edge of the horizon. The two of you sat down at the table, and the lady set down your menus.

"Your waitress will be here shortly," she said, and walked away.

"This place is lovely," you said.

"Not as lovely as you," he said with a shy smile, and you felt yourself blush a little.

The waitress arrived, interrupting your little moment. "Hello my name is Cassie and i'll be serving you two tonight...can i start you off with something to drink- coke, lemonade, water, sprite maybe?" she asked.

"I'll have a water," you said, and sebastian added, "me too."

"Okay well i'll go fetch those and be right back," she said and walked away.

You picked up your menu and began looking through it, and sebastian did the same. You decided to go with four cheese ravioli, and set down your menu. Sebastian's was already set down, and he was staring right at you. You felt your cheeks catch fire as the two of you made eye contact.

"Umm i'm going to go wash my hands," you said quickly and got up and went to find the bathroom.

Soon you were coming back only to see Sebastian making light conversation with the waitress. Your eyes narrowed as you took your seat across from him. You took a sip of the water that had appeared in front of you while you were gone, and you cleared your throat. Sebastian stopped talking and Cassie said, "Okay are you ready to order?"

You nodded, "I will take the four cheese ravioli."

She wrote it down and turned to sebastian.

"i'll take the smoked salmon," he said, and you both handed her her menu as she walked away.
As soon as she was gone, you narrowed your eyes at sebastian.

"What was that all about??" you asked.

"what?" he replied.

"You were talking to the waitress," you accused.

"And why is that a problem?" he asked.

"Because..." you replied.

"Because...?" he implied.

"You're being too friendly," you answered.

"What's wrong with being friendly?" he asked.

"No. too friendly to the waitress," you replied.

"Oh...okay...?" he responded.

"So uh how was your day at work? do you always work on saturdays?" you changed the subject.

"no...i just happened to have to come in and work today...on the worst possible day actually," he replied.

"Oh," was all you could think of to reply.

"So why'd you come in?" he asked.

"I had a few things to take care of..." you replied.

***

Soon the food had arrived and the two of you had finished eating and the check was on its way. You had decided to pass on desserts, and soon you had paid and began getting up.

"Would you like to go on a walk?" he asked.

"Oh sure," you replied, and the two of you stepped down the stairs and onto the path that led to the gazebo.

It was dark outside and the moon was bright in the sky, and there were only several lights lighting up the path.

You soon got to the gazebo and the two of you sat down on the bench.

"This place is very pretty," you remarked.

"Not as pretty as you," he said; he was sitting only an inch away from you, and you felt your cheeks flush.

He was facing you but you refused to look back at him, and you decided to stand up and lean against the railing of the gazebo. of course, he stood up next to you.

A gust of wind blew and you shivered.

"Here....take my coat," he said, taking it off and draping it over you.

You turned to look at him and your eyes met. He was standing just inches away from you, and your eye contact remained unbroken.

he stepped closer and brushed your hair behind your ear, and then he was leaning in, putting his hands on your waist.

Your lips met like an electric shock, and you put your arms around him, pulling him closer to you and running your fingers through his hair....

Suddenly, your phone began to ring, and you pulled away.

"no...let it ring..." sebastian muttered, pulling you back towards him and kissing your lips again.

"i'm sorry i have to get this," you said reluctantly pulling away to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Uh hello is this (y/n)?"

"Yes. what's wrong??"

"It's Kelly...she got into an accident..." the voice replied.

"Who is this?? is this a joke?" you asked.

"this is a doctor from the Glenwood Hospital. Kelly got into a car accident just recently and she's in critical condition...."

872 words