Part 12

"i love you," he whispered as his lips traveled down your neck, and that's when the light in your head turned off.

"you love me?" you asked, confused.

"yes..." he replied.

"but you hardly know me!!" you answered, but he just continued kissing your neck.

"Stop sebastian," you said.

"no..." he replied.

"You're making me feel uncomfortable," you said, and suddenly he jumped off of you and stood next to the couch.

"Uncomfortable?? I thought you liked this..." he said.

"I do...but..." you began.

"But what?" he asked, and you got up, your eyes focused on the floor.

Finally you looked up at him, your voice shaking, "How could you say you love me?? You hardly know me!! and when you finally get close to me, that's when you can finally say it!! i can't believe i let you play me like that..."

"no that's not what i meant..." he replied, looking to the floor, "i shouldn't have said that."

"oh so you don't love me then?" your tone was accusatory.

"no...." he said, putting his hands on your shoulder, "i didn't mean to say that...it sounded very shallow since i was so close to you...i'm sorry.."

you looked up into his puppy eyes, and quickly turned away, avoiding his pleasant touch. "how are you so good at apologizing?" you asked, your back still facing him.

"i don't know..." he replied, and you suddenly felt his hands on your waist.

He turned you around so that you were now facing him. "...but i am truly sorry..." his voice was so soft, and his eyes were so full of sorrow.

"ugh...i forgive you i guess," you replied, and he leaned in to kiss you again but you resisted.

"but i really need to get some sleep....so can you please leave?" you asked gently.

"okay..." he replied, his hands on your waist still. he kissed you gently one more time and then pulled away.

"i'll see you later," he said as he left your apartment.

***

the next day was sunday and basically all you did was visit kelly in the hospital. they said she'd have to stay there for a couple weeks because of the concussion and blah blah...you honestly didn't pay attention to them.

***

monday came along and you walked into work, passing by sebastian's office like usual. You peeked in and saw he was having a meeting so you decided to not disturb him and went to your office. soon it was your lunch break and you were still working when sebastian popped in.

"hey, sweetheart," he said with a smile, walking into your office and closing the door behind him and locking the door.

You continued to type on your computer, not looking up, and he walked over to your desk.

"i missed you," he said.

"Sebastian it's been a day and a half," you replied, still typing.

"i know but it was too long to go without touching you..." he said, walking behind your desk and spinning your chair around to face him.

"sebastian i need to work..." you began.

"it's lunch break..." he replied, "why can't you take the break?"

"and do what, i might ask?" you raised your eyebrows and stood up to face him.

he gave you a small grin and leaned in, placing his hands on your waist. he kissed your lips and you smiled into the kiss, wrapping your arms around him. you played with his tie, pulling it loser from his neck. maybe it was time for a break...

KNOCK KNOCK!

You backed away from sebastian quickly, sitting down and turning around in your seat. Sebastian looked bothered and walked over to answer the door.

"Oh sorry am i interrupting something?" Miss Sophie, an assistant, asked after sebastian opened the door.

"No- no..." sebastian said, "i was just having a brief private meeting.."

Miss Sophie eyed his loose tie, and he tightened it quickly. You had chosen the right day not to wear lipstick...if you had, it would be all over him...

"well i have another assignment for (y/n) so here you go," she handed me a folder and turned to the door.

"carry on," she said, leaving the room and closing the door.

You looked awkwardly at sebastian.

"maybe we shouldn't..." you said.

"maybe we should..." sebastian responded, coming back towards you and placing his hands on your waist yet again.

he kissed your lips and you forgot about everything else in the world...

751 words