Boy In Luv

Ten minutes after Jungkook pulls him out of their university's campus and along a somewhat crowded street, they find themselves standing in front of a darkened store front.

"Shit, I forgot that they're closed for today," Jungkook admits, scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment.

Jimin can tell that Jungkook's mentally beating himself up for forgetting that from the way the tips of his ears are slowly turning red, and the way that a pout is slowly is forming on his lips.

"It's okay, Jungkook, we can always eat something else. I'm actually sorta craving ramen at the moment," Jimin beams up at him, trying his best to release calming pheromones in an effort to calm Jungkook down.

Jimin knows that this mostly works between mates and unmated couples who are soulmates. Chances of this happening between unmated couples who aren't soulmates, he's heard, is zero. But he gives it a try anyway, as Taehyung had told him that despite his alpha biology (which supposedly amplifies his confidence), Jungkook's actually just a shy boy trapped inside of a muscle pig's body.

And it seems to be working somehow as he watches Jungkook calm down almost visibly. Jimin feels his heart skip a beat at that, a warm feeling growing in his chest.

This must be it. His soulmate is definitely Jungkook. He's made the right choice.

"Then do you wanna come over to my flat for ramen? My flatmate isn't home." Jungkook asks, peeking from beneath his bangs at Jimin and Jimin has to pause for a second, the gears taking a little while to click in his head.

He stares at Jungkook a little incredulously and Jungkook seems to realise the weight his words carry, mouth forming a wide 'o' and his eyes going wide in panic

"I didn't mean that- I just- uh, cause ramen is delicious," He sputters, hands shaking furiously in a 'no' motion at 30 times per second.

Jimin laughs at how adorable Jungkook looks, not believing how innocent the alpha is. Jungkook seems almost pure, untainted even.  In typical fashion, Jimin manages to fall over Jungkook while laughing his heart out, who very gladly catches him with both arms and holds onto him until Jimin pulls away, wiping at the tears in his eyes.

"Hyung," Jungkook whines, a pout forming on his lips, "So are you coming?"

Jimin smiles, and leans up to kiss the pout off of Jungkook's lips.

"Why not? Lead the way."

It's almost 8 when they arrive at Jungkook's apartment complex, and Jimin can't help but note the familiar surroundings. It's only when Jungkook's leading him into the hallway out of the lobby that does he recognise this place.

"Jungkook, do you happen to share a room with Yoongi hyung?"

"Yeah," Jungkook answers, looking surprised, "How do you know him anyway?"

"He's Taehyung's boyfriend. But I thought Yoongi had the flat to himself."

Jungkook chuckles good-naturedly.

"I moved in a few weeks ago. He was the only alpha with a room to spare, and I couldn't really room with an omega, you see."

Jimin hums as a form of a reply.

Jungkook punches in the passcode to his flat, with Jimin close behind him.

He almost trips over himself as he tries to push the shoes scattered all over the floor aside and gather up all the done laundry thrown on the small couch in the living room into his arms, apologising while he does so.

Jimin only cooes as he follows behind Jungkook.

He sits on one of the chairs in the kitchen, twiddling his thumbs as Jungkook searches noisily in the cupboards for ramen.

"I have chicken and kimchi. Which one do you want?"

Jungkook holds both out, and Jimin tilts his head to the right to indicate kimchi.

Jimin watches Jungkook as he boils the water bustles about the kitchen, muttering about finding the kimchi that he'd tried his hand at making a week ago. He watches the muscles in Jungkook's back shift as he goes about preparing the ramen, and can't help musing to himself about how awfully boyfriend it looks.

Jimin can't keep his eyes off of Jungkook, not when Jungkook's right in front of him, and he's so lost in his thoughts that doesn't realise that Jungkook's leaning against the sink, staring right back at him.

"Stop staring, it's embarrassing," Jungkook teases and Jimin catches himself, looking away immediately with his face flushed red.

"I'm not."

"You are."

"No."

"Yes."

"Watch the noodles, they're getting overcooked," Jimin huffs and crosses out into the living room, plopping hinself noisily onto the couch.

He hears Jungkook laugh in the kitchen and sinks further into the couch.

(unedited)

A/N: For those of you who were confused as to why Jimin and Jungkook reacted that way when Jungkook asked if Jimin wanted to go over for ramen, that's basically slang for 'do you wanna have sex' in the korean culture🌚

also, this story hit 1k reads (its actually 1.56k reads now) and 100 votes while i was writing this chapter, and i would like to thank you guys for your support for this story!! I really appreciate you guys!!❤❤