Save ME

"My god," Taehyung says, grimacing as Jimin meekly opens the door for him, the full stench of sex hitting him right in the nose. Jungkook's standing by the entrance of the kitchen, hair adorably ruffled and eyes half closed as he yawns, attempting to squint through the evening sun entering the flat to get a better look at the intruders. Jimin's no better himself, he's dressed in an oversized shirt and boxers and barely had anytime to arrange his hair before greeting Taehyung.

Yoongi enters soon after Taehyung, takes a long, hard stare at Jimin's dishevelled state and sighs, shaking his head.

"Seokjin hyung's coming over later, you two better ensure that the flat's aired and cleaned thoroughly if you don't want the nagging to start again."

"Jungkook," Taehyung says, taking Jimin by the arm, "Can do the cleaning for now. Jimin and I are going to have a nice little talk, aren't we?"

He does that motioning thing with his eyes that he expects Jimin to get immediately ("cause we're besties, Jimin!!"), but when Jimin merely stares blankly at him like a zombie, Taehyung lets out a loud, exasperated groan as he tugs Jimin into the nearest room that he deems as clean, which so happens to be the toilet.

They pass by Jungkook on the way, who catches Jimin in his arms and presses his nose into the scent gland on Jimin's neck, taking huge gulping breaths aand scenting Jimin to the high heavens as if he hasn't done this enough. Jimin squeaks, surprised at the sudden display of affection before kissing Jungkook chastely, only pulling away when Taehyung starts tapping (read: stomping) his feet on the ground.

"Okay guys I know Jimin's still fresh off his heat so you're like clingy or whatever, but I need to you two to stop because firstly, you two aren't Yoongi and I so that amount of clinginess ain't cute at all, and secondly, I really need to talk to Jimin, so if you would please?"

He raises his eyebrows expectantly, arms crossed in a way that he means business, and Jimin reluctantly pulls apart from a sulking Jungkook, before following the taller omega into the musty confines of the toilet. Once he's in, Taehyung slams the door shut to prevent any more clingy alphas aka Jungkook from entering, and corners Jimin, who's perched on the edge of the toilet seat.

"What?" Jimin eyes him warily.

"Have you guys not mated yet?" Taehyung hisses.

"We've only known each other for like, 4 days? You seriously gotta chill."

"No, listen- don't roll your eyes, shush, listen to me, honey" Taehyung pleads when Jimin rolls his eyes,"I have a reason. You guys are soulmates right?"

Jimin nods. They are, right?

"Okay, so I was kinda hesistant at first, even after Namjoon hyung explained to me all the sciency ding dong behind this whole soulmate thing to me cause like you can't really trust that hyung. Remember that time he told me that you can microwave plastics and I did so and we almost died choking on the smoke-"

"Tae, he said some, not all-"

"-shush, don't interrupt, jeez," Taehyung presses a finger to Jimin's lips, " So my point is, after seeing how Jungkook imprinted on you after just knotting and not mating, you guys really are soulmates."

He grips Jimin's shoulders with his large hands and starts shaking him with all his might in a way Jimin decides that isn't helpful at all.

"Jimin, do you know the implications of not mating your soulmate, do you??!!"

Taehyung seems to get more and more passionate with each word, shaking harder and harder each time, and he's sure that if he doesn't stop Taehyung soon, his head will probably roll off his neck.

"What's imprinting- jeez, Tae, you're going to kill me, stop it!" Jimin wheezes dramatically.

Taehyung stops and retreats to sit on the cold, tiled floor, looking a little forlorn.

"Sorry, I thought this was gonna be the one big speech of my life to change someone's life for the better," He pouts, and Jimin instantly feels bad for using that tone of voice with his best friend when all he wants is the best for him.

"But yeah, Namjoon hyung said for alpha and omegas, imprinting usually happens between mates and after the first knotting. You and Jungkook were so clingy and all, you guys obviously already imprinted on each other. I mean, even Yoongi and I weren't that clingy with each other after he knotted me during my heat-"

"-okay so what are the implications?"

Jimin interrupts before Taehyung can even delve further into the topic, he wants to know nothing about Taehyung's sex life, thank you very much.

"Namjoon hyung said something about having more frequent heats and ruts, because your bodies crave to be mated or something," He recounts, trailing off before mumbling something about strong ones.

"This isn't too bad, I can just use suppressants till we settle down," Jimin relaxes back on the toilet seat, visibly relieved. It's not like he doesn't want to commit to Jungkook, trust him, that's what he would love to do, but it just seems... a little too quick and a little too good to be true. Jimin, at best, can be a skeptic at times, and everything's moving so quickly that he can't seem to grasp onto reality at all.

"No, Jimin, that's the point," Taehyung repeats, exasperated, "Your heats from now on cannot be suppressed with suppressants cause all your body wants to do is to mate with Jungkook. And like, it'll disrupt your daily routine, and it'll play on your emotions, cause anxiety and stuff like that."

"It might even drive you and Jungkook further apart."

(unedited)

A/N: sorry for the superrr late update guyss it's cause i'm prepping for my ct's now zzzzz

aLSO WE PASSED 10K READS AND MORE THAN 800 VOTES WOO THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT OMGGGGGG i never thought i'd be able to hit 10k reads on any of my fanfics😭😭😭😭

on a side note, do check out this new fic i recently published, thanks for all your love and support!!!!💕💕