Chapter 10: Woke

Amethyst P.O.V
My alarm from my phone wakes me up, 8:30pm. It's still the same damn day, the same nightmare I'm living in. I get up, freshen up a bit, grab my purse, and go downstairs. I see Bismuth and Chris just on the couch, they usually just do this when I or Pearl doesn't need them. I go in the kitchen and grab a few snacks for myself and Pearl and put them in my purse, along with a few water bottles. I stop and just stare. I stare at Bismuth, Chris, their happiness. When they're not serving us, they're good people, and even when they are they're still good people.

"Guys? I just want to say I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you Chris, or you Bismuth. I was just being selfish and blamed it on an innocent person, when really I'm to blame. I'll be leaving now but I just want you to know that I'm sorry, and I hope you both can forgive me." I say to them but I get no answer. I sigh and just walk out the door. I get my keys and open my door to the Range Rover and put the key in the ignition and start the car. I drive off the driveway and out of the gated neighborhood. I really hope they forgive me.

I make it there to the hospital and I check myself in. "Room B-12 ma'am, and have a good night." The front lady says to me as I smile and tell her 'Thank you.' I walk the hallway and find Pearls room immediately, and I walk in. They've already put a bed in here for me so I set my stuff on it and sit down next to Pearl. "Pearl, I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I should have at least talked to you or something, rather than just run away but you have to admit, I had the right to. I wish I could talk to you now actually, hearing your voice wouldn't be so bad right now. Pearl, no matter how many times you may hurt me, I'll still love you, because I know you don't mean to hurt me." I say to her although I don't know if she can hear me or not.

I get in the bed and unpack some things from my purse. After watching TV for a little, the nurse comes in. "Hello miss, are you alright? I'm just here to replace Pearl's IV bag, it looks a little low." The nurse says as she smiles at me a proceeds to do what she is here to do. "I'm fine thank you for asking, I'm Amethyst by the way." I say as I introduce myself to her. "I'm Ruby, but better known as Nurse Reid. Ok, I'm done here, if there's anything you need, or if Pearl wakes up by any chance, just press the 'Help' button and I'll come right down." She says to me with a gentle but slightly husky tone. "Thank you." I say as she smiles and walks out. I look back at Pearl and sigh. She didn't deserve this, she doesn't deserve this, at all. I look at the time and its almost close to 10 PM, so I decided to get under the covers and go to sleep while watching the news.

~Amethyst's Dream~
I see lights in my face, my vision is blinded until I see that I'm at the carnival. I hear children's laughter, the smell of buttery popcorn with way too much salt, and the small hint of sweet blueberry and strawberry flavored cotton candy. I feel a tap on my shoulder and I look behind me and see, Garnet? "Garnet? How is this possible?" I ask her as we start to walk together. "Pearl is in critical condition, she may not survive." Garnet says sadly while still walking by me as the ground beneath our feet feels like its moving, and the sky flashes colors as the carnival music is in an annoying and fast paced loop. "Garnet, what can I do?" I asked her as I looked at her. She takes a deep breath and sighs. "As much as I'd love to have her here with me on the other side, she needs you more than you need her. There are secrets that lie within the future, but love that shall overcome all. Be there for her, pray, dance, sing, cry. Do what you think is acceptable." She says as I look at her in confusion but understanding.

"You can't fathom what I've mourned for her, what I've seen for her that might happen, you must stop it, you must stop it all." Garnet looks at me. "Garnet, why speak to me now? Why me? Why did you leave her so quickly?" I ask as we sit on a bench. "I had leukemia, and within 2 days I would've died because of chemo treatments. They help most people but didn't help me, just made it worse, I was a goner. But you, you're a gem. A beautiful one that has the heart of gold, more than that. Stay with Pearl, and love her. Love from Pearl is truly incredible. No one but us knows because we are the ones that have been loved by her, and she means the world to me. Now, wake up." I hear her say and I chase after her.
~End Of Amethyst's Dream~

"Amethyst.......wake.....up..." I hear a faint voice say. "I'm up, w-who is it?" I ask as I sit up, I look at my phone and it's 5 in the morning. "The cheating asshole that doesn't know how to drive." Pearl said sadly. I get up from my bed and walk to hers. "I love you, you cheating asshole that should just keep her eyes on the road." I say with tears in my eyes as I laugh and she does too. "I love you too, I'm so sorry, I never meant to hurt you, but like everyone else I always do." I see her face in the dim moonlight and the light from the machine next to her. I lean down and kiss her, deeply. She kisses me back and smile in the kiss. "That right there just healed all my dumb broken bones." She says as I laugh. She wipes my tears away struggling because she's sore. "I'm fine, you just rest." I say to her. "I love you my queen, thank you." She says as I can tell she's going to sleep. "I love you too." I say as I go back in my bed and fall asleep with a smile on my face.

(Heyyyy, sorry I've been on the longest hiatus ever in the history if time, but I just haven't been really inspired or had any ideas to write cuz usually I just start writing and it comes to me as I go, but I'm just gonna update as much as I can weather its shit or not. Anyways, live you babes, peace💞)