Chapter 7 "So fetch"

I woke up in the morning alone in my room. It was kind of nice to have a little alone time. It didn't last long though, my mom and brother entered minutes later.

"Hey Greg, what's up?" I said giving him a hug.

"I'm ready for you to come home. I am sick of eating Mac and cheese and Cheerios." He gave me a hug.

"Am I going home? Like right now?" I asked my mom.

"Anxious much?" My mom said, delaying her response.

"Yes very much and I want Jake to come over and watch a movie tonight."

"Yes, I just signed your discharge papers. Greg can you grab some of her bags?" My mom said, taking one of my bags.

You accumulate a lot of extra things when you are in the hospital, blankets, stuffed animals, plants, coloring books and a lot of stickers. I didn't have to carry anything, but I did pull my own wheelchair. Once we were in the car I texted Emily and then Jake.

*Hey Em, heading home! How

Are u doing?*

Then I texted Jake.

*Heading home!*

*That's awesome! Still up for a movie later?*

*Maybe at like 4? I need my sleep.*

*Of course. I'll see you then :-)*

After Jake texted me, it had been a few minuets and Emily still hasn't responded. It's hard to contain myself and not jump to the worst possible conclusion. The last time Emily didn't respond to me, her mom called me to tell me that she was in the Intensive Care Unit and that she wasn't doing so hot. I really hope she is just sleeping or something. I can't handle any more stress on my heart. I'm finally in a semi good place with my health. I ache but it's my norm.

Thank god Emily texted me back.

*Awesome,:) sorry, I was sleeping. Feeling better, knitting a hat*

*Is all of your hair gone?:(*

*The last chemo wiped it out💔*

*I bet your still fab.*

*Too fab for you that's for sure*

*I know, scored the jackpot. With

You and with Jake :p*

*Don't have sex. You'll get pregnant and die*

*Don't you just love our friendship?*

*Yes. Is butter a carb?*

We could go on quoting Mean Girls but I wanted to take a nap. It would be embarrassing to fall asleep when Jake was over. It was 11 am so I can sleep for three hours, so I have an hour to get ready.

Some people say that dreams represent reality in some shape or form. As I was falling asleep, I though about Jake. Through my dreams, big questions came to my mind. What if Jake was only in this relationship for sex? Am I ready for sex? Would he ever cheat on me? Would I ever cheat on him? I guess time will tell. Ugg being a teenager is hard.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. In my house I don't really use my wheelchair. I limped to my bathroom. I am currently living in the part of my house that is slightly secluded from the rest of it. Since I have basically been living in my bedroom, it was nice to have my own bathroom and mini kitchen. My space resembled a hotel room.

As I brushed through my hair, I noticed many strands coming off. I wanted to cry, but if Emily is holding up with being completely bald, I can manage some thinning hair. My face has no acne, because all of the antibiotic medication I've been on since I was like 7. I was really pale and had dark under eye circles. I rubbed on some tinted moisturizer and a swipe of mascara. Hopefully Jake will be getting a little taste of my lipgloss so I put on vanilla bean lipgloss.

I went to wait for Jake near our front door, but to my surprise, he was sipping tea with my mom.

He stood up and with a slight limp walked next to be.

"Can we watch a movie in the family room?" I asked my mom who was finishing up her tea. Jake walked over and put both of their mugs in the sink. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I was in a drug land coma. Jake is like my sense of heaven, while being trapped in this life is my shadow day for hell.

"I was going to catch up on some ironing in the family room. Just go watch your movie in your room." She responded.

Jake and I looked each other and just started walking to my room. My mother is literally clueless.

I guided Jake into my bed room, then closed and locked the door.

"What movie do you want to watch?" I wasn't sure how to lead on that I didn't actually want to watch a movie. Because of course in the movies they always end up making out. Maybe he would make the first move before my lips dry out.

"Can we watch mean girls?" He asked.

"Not what I was expecting for you to say but I can't pass up an opportunity to watch the greatest bitch movie of all time." Maybe we still will

end up making out a little bit.

"I just want to understand the references you and Emily make." I contemplated telling him that he was 'too gay to function' but I decided against it.

"It's probably still in the DVD player from last time Emily was over." I sat down towards the middle of my bed and he went up to play the movie.