fourth

(A/N: sorry the update is late! I normally update before I go to school, but I forgot and I had after school)
. . .
The thing that bothered Daniel so much was the fact that he had a massive crush on Anahi. How was he supposed to help her and keep up this facade of not liking her? How was he supposed to watch her fall her fall i love, with someone, who wasn't him? How was he supposed to let another boy take her heart when it was he, who wanted it the whole time?

Daniel parked his car outside the apartment he shared with his cousin before entering.

"Hey" Jack said, tuning his guitar, "Did you tell her?" He questioned, placing his guitar beside him.

"No," Daniel mumbled, falling onto the couch. "She has a thing for Jonah."

"Marais?"     Jack questioned, his eyebrow furrowing together, and a few of the brown curls atop his head falling in front of his eyes, when he cocked his head to the side.

"Yep, she wants me to help her get with him." Daniel's voice cracked. His heart physically hurt. He was so in love with this girl. And she wanted some boy, who wouldn't,— couldn't — treat her like he could.

No one Anahi like he did. No one knew she sleeps with one sock on. No one knew she hated tomatoes but loved them on her burger. No one knew that her first kiss belonged to his curly headed cousin back when they dated for 2 months in 7th grade. No one knew the heart break she went through when her 8th grade boyfriend, Grant Mason, broke up with her for Grace Lewis. They had been dating the whole 8th grade year, through summer when he did broke her. No one knew her like he did. No one.

" I knew it was a bad idea to let myself fall for her. Of course Anahi doesn't like me back, of course." Daniel's voice faltered towards the end of his little rant and a single tear fell down his face.

He wiped harshly at the tear and drew in a shaky breath before he captured his bottom lip between his teeth, to try and hold tears that were threatening to fall, at bay.

"Oh, wow" Jack looked sadly at his cousin. He remembered trying to fall asleep but not being able to because he was writing Anahi a song, or figuring out ways to ask her out. He remembered throwing pillows at Daniel who would stay up until 3 am, talking to Anahi.

"Well are you going to help her?" Jack question, looking up and meeting Daniel's blue eyes. Daniel broke eye contact and stared at the wall for a moment.

"Of course, I'll help her." Daniel stood up from his spot on the couch and looked at Jack. He said one thin before going upstairs.

"I'd do anything just to see her smile."