seventh

When Jonah noticed Daniel approaching he stuffed his phone in his pocket.

Daniel smiled at Jonah. "Seavey right?" Jonah said, making eye contact with Daniel.

"Yea," Daniel laughed, awkwardly trying to keep his words from showcasing the jealousy he had towards Jonah.

"She does like you. Anahi, she likes you." Daniel bit the inside of his cheek, and glanced at Anahi, who was laughing at something Zach said. He watched Zach speak to Anahi causing her to light up before Zach got up and left.

Jonah's eyes lit up. "Really! I thought she did, but I wasn't sure." Jonah jumped in excitement and Daniel rolled his eyes.

"I like her too if you couldn't tell." The older teen laughed slightly before continuing. "This is great! Can you help me ask her out?"

Jonah was smiling brightly, his excitement was suffocating Daniel. He snapped.

"No, I will not help you! That's fucking absurd! To think I'd help you! Ask out my crush! NO!" Daniel's face was bright red and angry compared to Jonah's pale face.

"You. Like her." Jonah stammered, meeting Daniel's eyes once more.

Daniel's eyes widened once he realized what he'd said.

"What-no I don't-Shut up!" Daniel's fist clenched by his sides. He stormed off. He glanced at Anahi before he left and saw her look at him before running up to Jonah.

If his heart was already broken enough because of Anahi, she just took a sledgehammer and shattered it.