Chapter Sixteen

Hey guys! So before you read the last chapter, I would just like to inform everyone that there is a sequel up, you can find it on my profile. The title is 'Sigh No More'.

Thanks for reading!!!

*******        

   “Iris?”

            “Can you hear me?" 

            “Iris!"

My eyes blinked rapidly, clearing the blurriness from them. They flicked towards the sound of my name, meeting with serious, darkened, onyx colored ones.

            My eyes searched around, I found trees moving next to us, the ground bouncing beneath me, the sun beating down on me, the world spinning rapidly.

I reached a tired arm up, and rubbed my forehead with my hand, while my eyes sealed tightly shut.

            My senses slowly adjusted as I lay there. I opened my eyes once again and noticed the wooden wagon beneath me, the horses around us with men atop them. And the sky ever bright, even as bloodied, torn, mutilated bodies lay next to me and around me, also in wagons.

            I breathed out, and winced as my side sprouted with pain.

“Don’t move to much,” the same voice from earlier stated in a careful tone.

             I looked back to the person, “Levi?”

            He sighed in relief, “I’m right here, don’t worry, you’ll be fine,” he said, trying to comfort me.

            I gave him a small smile, “What happened?” I asked in a small hesitant voice.

            His eyebrows knit and a steely frown formed on his face, “We didn’t catch the female titan, but Eren was fine,” he replied, glancing away.

            “Hm,” I replied tiredly.

            I began to look around the wagon and saw many bodies covered in white sheets, one on top of another. I looked down towards my feet, and my eyes widened drastically. I could practically feel my heart skipping a beat. Right by my sheet covered feet, was a black ball of fur.

            “F-Fala?” I whispered, trying to sit up.

      I winced, and held my side, falling back. 

            “Calm down or you’ll start bleeding out again,” he said, trying to keep his dreary voice going, but a hint of worry could be heard.

            I barely heard as I tried to move again, failing miserably.

            “Iris,” Levi said in a warning tone, “Fala is fine, other then bleeding heavily from the loss of her tail, and maybe a broke leg, she’s fine,” he explained in a slightly softer voice.

            “That’s what you call fine?” I almost hissed, my heart tugging in worry. 

            His eyes narrowed, “She’s not dead Iris, and she isn’t going to die,” he stated lowly.

            I closed my eyes and sighed, then lay back down and relaxed, “You’re right,” I whispered.