Chapter 8

*couple week time skip*

Christmas was approaching fast, and the couple had no idea what to get each other, and had no idea how to find out. Tina had told Jenna that she really wanted to see her friends, but it didn't occur to Mike that he could get her plane tickets for the holiday. Until Jenna told him.

"Hey idiot, is this not clicking into place for you?" "What clicking into place?" "Tina. Friends. Go." "I have no idea what that means, I know she wants to see them, but how do I make that a- oh wait. I should get her plane tickets." "Duhhh! But. You have to get one for yourself too, you have to go with her! Make it a vacation for you guys!" "Oh my god Jenna you're right! I'm gonna go buy tickets bye!"

To say Mike ran out of the room would be an understatement.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
December 16

"Hey T?" "Yeah babe?" "I was wondering if you wanted your Christmas present early?" "I would love too, you know how impatient I am, but why so early?" "Well let's just say it's not that early. Let me go get it." The pair had been laying on the couch together, watching a movie, when Mike asked. They had been watching one of Tina's favorite movies, so when Mike started to talk, she knew it was important.

"Okay T, here is your present, but let me tell you something first. Everything regarding this, is already settled, you do not have to worry about anything. Okay?" "Alright. Can I open it?" Mike nodded.

It took Tina a few seconds to process what was written on the two pieces of paper in her hand, but then it clicked.

"OH MY GOD MIKE!! WE ARE GOING TO NEW YORK... TOMORROW?" "Yes T we are, you were saying that you wanted to see your friends back home, so I figured we could make a Christmas vacation out of it." "Mike this is amazing! I love you so much." "I love you too, now go pack we are leaving bright and early tomorrow morning." "For how long?" "Umm about 15 days." "15 days? Oh my god Mike you really are the best." Tina pecked Mike on the lips, and ran upstairs into her room.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
Next morning 5:00A.M.

"You ready T?" Mike said as they got in his car to go to the airport. "Yes I am so excited. I didn't tell any of my friends, and they have school today, so I figured if you don't mind, we could stop by to surprise them?" "Of course, that sounds amazing. But. One thing first." "What?" "I get to wear my shirt this time." At this comment, Tina burst out into giggles and Mike couldn't help but join in.

The couple spent the rest of the car ride, singing to old songs, including the one Mike wrote for rags. By the time they got to the airport it was 6:30 and the sun was almost totally up. Tina was growing more and more excited with each passing second. Mike could tell by how her grip on his hand was getting increasingly tighter.

"T calm down. I know you are excited, but I would like to have two hands when we get there." "Sorry! I am just so excited!" "I know, I am too. I can't wait to meet your friends."

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

The pair went right through security with no problems, and it kind of distracted Tina from her thoughts. Until, they had to wait to board. She didn't have any time to just sit in a while, so all of her nerves and her fear of planes were starting to hit her.

"Mike?" "Ya?" "I know I was acting like super excited before, and trust me I still am, but I am terrified of planes. And I am really scared right now." "Tina, would I ever let anything happen to you? You are fine. I promise."