Chapter 2

-----Mine-----

Red

I woke up the next day after my alarm went off for school. I looked around the room and Gabriel was nowhere to be seen. I walked over to my closet and took out some clothes. I put on a black skirt, black top and leathered jacket, black pantyhose and black combat boots. I put on my pentagram necklace and wore my hair loose. The black outfit really complimented the red colour of my hair, it stood out. I skipped breakfast due to the fact that I found out Cecilia wasn't my real mother. I was furious and was afraid that I wouldn't be able to contain my anger. I tried thinking of something else in order to ease myself into contentment, but nothing worked.

Once school started I couldn't stop thinking about Gabriel. I kept asking myself if what he said was true. Is he really my guardian angel? For some reason I always felt like he could read my thoughts. Was he reading them? Or am I simply just overreacting? This was all I could think of, until lunch came. Ezra and I sat alone at a table and as usual, we talked. We were really close friends and could tell each other anything... we even shared secrets, but I couldn't tell him about Gabriel nor my mother.

"Is everything okay Red?" Ezra asked.

He looked at me with worry in his eyes. He's such a caring and loving person. I can't imagine what life would be like if Ezra and I weren't friends.

"Yeah... Just tired... Did a lot of thinking today."

"Oh yeah?... About what?" I quickly thought of a topic.

"My mother is seeing this guy. She thinks that it would be best if he lives with us. Then I'll finally be able to go to college."

"What's wrong with going to college."

"Nothing... It's just... I don't know... I need to take a break from all this..."

From all the weird things that have been happening lately.

"Well whatever happens, I'll be here to support you."

He puts his hand on top of mine.

The diet cola next to him suddenly burst and spilled everywhere except on me. Gabriel I thought. It can only be him. I grabbed a cloth from the counter and dried up the table. I gave the cloth to Ezra and he wiped the sticky stains on his clothes.

"That was weird." He said.

"Yeah." I muttered.

After school Ezra decided that he wanted to walk with me to my house. My mother wasn't home which was good, I didn't want to stumble upon the conversation we had yesterday.

"Do you want to come into my room?" I asked.

"Sure." Ezra answered.

I let him walk to my room whilst I pic up a pillow that fell off one of the couches. I picked it up, but Gabriel grabbed it away from me.

"What are you doing?!" I whispered.

"I don't trust him." He answered.

"What do you mean you don't trust him? We've been friends for 5 years now and I've only known you for a day."

"I know, but something isn't right. I don't like the way he looks at you."