Chapter 9

-----Hands Off-----

Red

Once we got home Gabriel threw the car keys onto the coffee table. I could hear him mutter but couldn't make out what he was saying.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked as he walked pass me.

He turned around and faced me. His eyes beaming with anger.

"No. I'm mad at myself." He answered. "I should've gone with you to make sure that idiot does not lay his hands on you."

"His not an idiot his my friend."

Although he was an idiot to try and kiss me.

"It doesn't matter Red. It's in the past."

It looked like there was more that he wanted to say, but decided to keep it to himself.

"How did you know I was at the park?" I asked.

"I... I can't stay too far apart from you... It's Iike we're tied together with some kind of invisible cord. We might die trying to break that cord."

"So you tracked me with the help of this invisible cord?"

It sounded really ridiculous, but I was talking to my Guardian Angel.

"Yes. I was watching you at the park, but the moment that boy tried to kiss you I just...snapped..."

He closed his eyes as if trying to hide away what he was feeling. He opened his eyes once what felt like hours, but I knew it was only seconds.

"I'm going to take a shower..." He sighed and walked away into the bathroom.

I remained standing where I was, not knowing what to do next. I took my phone out of my pocket and glanced at the time. It was now 13:45. There was no way I to keep myself busy except for cleaning.

Once I was done cleaning it was 17:02. Gabriel went to his room after he took a shower and never walked out. It felt like he was avoiding me, but why? What is he hiding? I was starting to get hungry, but my cooking skills aren't as great as Gabriel's so I ordered pizza for dinner. It's not exactly gourmet, but there'll be no mess. The pizza was delivered in less than 30 minutes. I ordered two boxes because one was never enough. I wanted to take out the plates, but Gabriel beat me to it. I didn't even notice him entering the kitchen.

"Pizza?" He said.

"Yeah, I hope you don't mind."

"No, no. Pizza's good."

I sighed in relief. Gabriel helped set up the table. We both had two slices of pizza each. I slowly took a bite of one of the slices and stared at Gabriel as I chewed and swallowed. He turned his gaze from the plate to me, he probably noticed that I was staring at him.

"Is everything okay?" He asked after swallowing down his last piece of pizza, which was the crust. I nodded my head in response to his question.

"Are you going to eat that?" He pointed at the remaining slice which just lied in my plate.

"No. You can have it if you want." I answered.

After all those minutes of starving and waiting I honestly no longer felt hungry. I had to force the previous slice down my throat.

"So..." I decided to start a conversation, "is there any magic tricks or spells that I should know about."

"I'm not a wizard, Red...but yes, I do have magic...sort of."