Chapter 14

James

I had to give her credit- she was actually a schemer. I pegged her as a total submissive from the moment I saw her, with or without her hideous wig. I could tell her survival instincts had kicked in, and she had actually given thought to her situation.

I smiled.

This made it all the more fun for me. A game of chess is tiresome without a worthy opponent, and I felt this would not be the first time she surprised me. I made a mental note not to underestimate this fiery siren calling out to me under the covers of my own bedding. Readjusting myself and getting my head back in the game, I removed my hand from her face and stood to tower over her.

"Good." I let out a terse reply followed by a warning, "but I hope for your sake, dear Ella, that you mean that. Don't presume to be able to lull me into believing you'll be by my side of your own free will. I will constantly be on guard, ready to replace carrot with stick at the slightest change of pace from you. For now, let's get you cleaned up."

I then produced the key to unlock her cuffs and undid them, not missing the hitch in her breath as I hovered over her. She looked at me with wide, fearful eyes, full of confusion and anxiety. I absolutely loved how expressive they were, it made it easier to determine what she was thinking and feeling, and thus plan my next move.

"You can use the shower in there, it should have everything you need. Towels are in the cupboard above the toilet, and there will be clothes laid out for you on the bed once you're finished. Be sure to look nice; we're going out."

With that, I left her to it, not without first locking her inside the bedroom. I was surprised with the words that came from my mouth. She was nowhere near ready to take out into public. I felt the ever-present liquid anger begin to boil as the frustration of how she made me lose control hit me. Perhaps I could remedy this situation- we could go out somewhere privately. There, I would share my expectations and paint a clearer picture for her of what her present life would be like for now.

What did I want it to be like for her? For me? Why did she illicit such impatience and lack of self-control from me? I felt like a child in a candy-shop, I was too excited with all that was presented in front of me, I forgot to pace myself. There's a careful method to breaking something, human and animal alike- it took patience, manipulation, fear and respect.

And break her I would.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I let about an hour pass before reentering the bedroom. She sat on the made bed demurely in the white sundress I had laid out for her. Her hair was in soft waves framing her face and curling around her slim waist. When I entered, she didn't glance over, but continued to stare blankly at the wall in front of her.

This immediately grated on my nerves. Without being able to see her eyes, I didn't know what she was thinking. I cleared my throat in an attempt to gain her gaze.

Nothing.

"Ella", I gritted out in borderline frustration.

She glanced my way with a wary expression with a hint of curiosity, waiting for me to make the next move. I simply jerked my head towards the door, indicating that she should follow me and she immediately stood and walked behind me as I turned to leave. I felt satisfied at her obedience and smugly escorted her out to my car.

________________________________________________________________________________

Once we reached the nearby lakeside, I turned off the car and kept the doors locked while turning to face her. The entire car ride she remained silent and steadfastly looked out the passenger-side window. I felt frustration creeping in again as I was being ignored. Instead of harping on that, I decided to get right to it.

"There are certain rules I will expect you to follow and there will be consequences, good and bad, depending on your level of obedience." After my introductory statement, she eyeballed me and I could tell she had gained some courage on the ride over as she blatantly rolled her eyes and then returned to staring fixedly out of her window.

I reached over and harshly grabbed her jaw, forcing her attention to me. Fear returned with zeal into her expression, and feeling more satisfied, I loosened my grip slightly.

"Rule number one, you give me your attention when I am in the room and especially when I am talking to you. Rule number two, I will not tolerate any disrespect from you. Take this as your one and only warning, Ella. Roll your eyes at me again, and I'll take you over my knee."

At this her eyes widened in horrified surprise and her whole being seemed to shrink as if it were possible for her to seem any smaller. She shakily nodded her head, indicating that she understood and a smirk found its way to my face.

"That's more like it." I stated, releasing her jaw completely. "Rule number three, you will do what I say when I say it, no questions asked. And finally, rule number four, I expect you to look and act the part of my doting girlfriend at all times- whether or not I am present. Do you understand?"

Looking down at her lap, she shyly nodded. Unsatisfied, I tilted her head up by placing my hand under her chin.

"Words, Ella. Use your words."

"I-I understand" she squeaked out.

"This is the one time I'll allow any questions without negative consequences, so I suggest you take advantage of that now."

She didn't hesitate before whispering out a tearful, "why?"

"Oh Ella," I uttered with a chuckle, "there are so many reasons. One, look at you. You're so innocent and sexy, you'll definitely pass for an appropriate and plausible match in my family's eyes. Two, you rejected me. No one has done that, ever. A part of me wants payback for you thinking that in any way you're better than me. And three, this is the most entertainment I've had in a long time, Ella. There has never been a soul on earth who has kept my attention and interest as long as you have and for better or for worse, you'll be the focus of it until I decide otherwise."

"No, no, no. James, I don't think I'm better than you! You have scared me from the start and I was afraid of you discovering who I really was, so I didn't even consider accepting your-"

I cut her off by grabbing a fistful of her hair at the nape of her neck.

"Don't f-cking lie to me, Ella. I hate liars. And save your breath- no amount of explaining or begging is going to change my mind. Who knows? Maybe if you are the docile little pet, you'll soon bore me and I'll move on- it couldn't hurt to try..." I trailed off with a suggestive eyebrow raise.

"Any other questions?"

"What are the good and bad consequences?"

I grinned and she shrank back from me.

"Good consequences will be things like clothes, being able to leave our room unattended, going to classes, contact with friends and family. And-"

She cut me off with a cry of protest. "I can't see my friends or family and go to school?! What will I do about my classes? What will my family think? You can't just-"

She stopped at my glare.

"As I was saying...if you're good, you'll get all of those things. In the meantime, I'll take care of all of the arrangements so that there aren't any suspicions raised. Do you really want me to outline the bad consequences?"

She frantically shook her head and replied in a small voice, "no- there's no need. I will do whatever you say."

Good.

"Kiss me."