Chapter 16

James

I glanced up from my phone when I heard the bathroom door shut and saw my little Ella emerge with her head down and her hands nervously tugging at the hem of the shirt adorning her slight figure. Her being radiated discomfort and I couldn't tell if I loved or hated that. A part of me relished in the fact I was the cause of her current state and had the power to manipulate it however I please. Yet another part of me knew that wasn't the absolute truth. Could I ever make her want me? Could I make her feel comfortable enough to be herself around me? Could I ever truly control all of her?
Annoyed with my thoughts and her hesitation to move any further into the room I snapped at her.
"Come here."
Eyes still downcast, she moved toward me with movements that I couldn't help but find amusing as they were adorably unsure. She stopped about a foot away from me and reaching out I pulled her by her waist to stand between my legs as I continued to sit on the bed. I used my other hand to tilt her head so she would meet my gaze. Her eyes were brighter as they held unshed tears, her lips were plumper as they had been worried between her teeth so much, and her cheeks were a lovely flushed red due to her recent crying. My pants tightened as I took her in and I couldn't help myself.
I leaned in and kissed her gently, taking my time to taste her. Gratefully, she didn't resist. Neither did she engage, but she felt so warm and small in my arms, even if she wasn't participating as I'd prefer. I inhaled her scent and felt a wave of possessiveness and obsession wash over me. I. Wanted. Her.
I grinned wickedly as I realized I had her. My beast was sated for now with that knowledge and I swiftly hauled her onto the bed earning a gasp of surprise from her delicate form. I tucked her in before she could register what happened and decide how to react. After laying myself down, I pulled her to my chest and shut off the lights.
"Goodnight, baby girl."
She lay stiff and tense in my arms not uttering a sound until exhaustion won her over and she relaxed in my grip and I was able to follow swiftly behind her to sleep.

————————

I stirred awake as I felt someone gently lift my arm. I glanced over at my little minx attempting a stealthy escape from the bed and held back a chuckle as I observed her cautious actions, no doubt attempting to leave without waking me. As she was about to fully retreat from the bed on her side, I swiftly pulled her back to my chest.
"Where are you off to so early my little minx?"
Ella gasped softly and dug her little claws into my forearm that was wrapped around her waist. She froze and and mumbled something quietly that I couldn't quite catch.

"What was that, baby girl?"

"B-bathroom" came her nervous reply.

Taking a long inhale of her sweet scent and warmth I reluctantly let her out of my grasp and watched her adorable figure scurry into the bathroom and she practically slammed the door shut as if afraid I would change my mind.

I chuckled as I settled onto my back, now feeling fully awake and almost giddy. Ella brought more than entertainment into my life. She brought excitement. She brought me out of the numbness that has been my life for way too long. I could feel. Those feelings weren't necessarily good, but they were strong. I could feel obsession, lust, the desire to own, dominate, and control.

Feeling impatient I called out. "60 seconds and I'm coming after you. You won't want that my little Ella!"

I immediately heard the door click open and she paused in the doorway. I simply lifted an eyebrow in challenge and she began her trek back to the bed. As expected, she perched herself as close to the edge (i.e. as far away from me) as possible. I looked over her small form with pure amusement before sidling up behind her and whispering in her ear.

"Now that we're awake, what should we do?"

She immediately tensed, not daring to utter a reply as I took her earlobe between my teeth. Remaining unresponsive, I decided to test her melting point. I dragged my nose along her jawline and left a trail of wet kisses along the side of her throat. Her breathing picked up, but she remained frozen. So I continued. I reached her collarbone and paused to suck, giving my baby girl presumably her first hickey. I then dragged her shirt down, exposing her bare shoulder and nipped at the skin there before forcing her body to turn towards me.

I paused seeing the tears streaming down her pale face, her eyes widened in absolute terror. Another flood of feelings washed over me and I couldn't stop the grin that crept onto my face. And she finally thawed.

Ella began squirming in my hold and her trembling lips let a sob escape as her movements became more frantic. I gathered her into my arms and kissed her forehead, shushing her softly while holding her tightly. My attempts to calm her seemed to have the opposite affect.

"P-please let me go!" She sobbed. "I don't want this, I will do anything else! J-just pl-please don't touch me! Don't make me do this!"

At this point she had completely devolved into loud wracking sobs and it was difficult to pull away from her. I eventually had her attention and waited for her to be calm enough to address.

"I want you to listen to me, but I need you to calm down, ok baby girl?" She meekly nodded as I thumbed her cheeks, wiping away her streaks of tears. "We aren't going to do anything tonight. I was just teasing you." I could see the relief wash over her. "But," and she tensed, "as I explained earlier, we need to be on that level of familiarity and I will be working you up to that point, both out of necessity and for my own personal enjoyment."

I went in for a quick kiss and before she could react or pull away I had ended it.

"Now go back to sleep. You're going to need your energy and we don't want my girl looking haggard, do we?"

With a last wink and peck, I settled Ella in my embrace and drifted off for the second time feeling content. Always feeling.