5.

"William, are you sure about this girl?"

I hear William groan. "Yes, Mom."

"I tried talking to him already Clair, it's no use."

"Her family is..."

"Let's just say the apple doesn't fall from the tree," Agnes says.

I plaster on a fake smile and spin around. "Are you alL ready or do you need more time to sit and sip your drinks?"

Agnes huffs and sets her tea down and walks off to where the others are. My Dad walks towards us with a big box in his hands. He's in a plain wife beater, looking flustered from exertion.

He places the heavy box down. "Where do you want this box to go?"

"Oh you don't have to do that, that's why we hired workers here for," Clair states condescendingly.

"Nonsense." Dad waves her away and waits for her instruction

"Just put it over there by the tables, Dad. Thanks." I say.

He smiles and winks at William then pats him on the shoulders. "My boy." Dad picks up the box and carries it along. We both look at William who is on his phone. I can see his lips twitching to keep from smiling.

"Sorry about my husband Micheal." Mom shows up. "He can never sit down, he always has to be working."

Clair tries to smile but she has a disgusted look on her face. "Do you two have to wear those things?" She points to the bonnets are our heads. I'll give her point for at least trying to pretend to not dislike us.

"Yes, we don't have the privilege of having white people hair so we have to wear this to keep from looking a hot mess. It's a good thing we brought some extra by the looks of it." Clair mouth gapes open and stomps away. Mom winks at me mischievously and walks after my dad.

"Does that thing really help your hair?" William asks pointing to my bonnet with a curious look on his face.

"Yes it does." I gently pat it.

William studies my bonnet for a few seconds longer before taking his eyes off of it and changing the subject. "Did you prepare your vows?"

Out of this whole thing, that had to be one of the hardest things for me to do. Vows are an intimate thing, almost sacred, and I can't write vows to someone I don't love. I shake my head in response.

"Yeah me too." He says as if he could read my mind. "So, I was thinking I'd have the minister do that for us to make things easier."

"Okay." I sigh with relief.

"William! Your father is here." His mother shouts.

William sighs. "Let's just get this stupid rehearsal over with." He takes my hand which takes me by surprise and also does something to me. Then I remember what this is for and the spark is gone just as fast as it came.

"Okay, so the order of procession will be the grandparents, escorted by ushers." The Planner says. A lady with long blonde hair who has to be in her mid-forties due to her slight wrinkles. I also noticed she hasn't stopped making googly eyes at William this entire time, even though I spotted a ring on her left finger, despicable. I look at Sarah who is sitting down next to Phoenix and she's noticed it too.

"You don't have to worry about my grandparents," I comment.

"They're not coming?" William asks with his nose flared.

"Typical." I hear his grandmother scoff.

What is with this family? I glare back at William. "No, because they're dead." I grit through my teeth. His features soften, but I turn my head back to the planner before he says anything else.