22.

E M A N I

I pace back and forth in my room. Five steps forward then turn. Five steps again then turn. A knock on the door interrupts.

"Yes,"

The door opens and William appears from the door. "Are you ready? Everyone is waiting for us."

"Oh right." I grab my favorite perfume from my desk and spritz it on my body. William holds the door for me as I exit. I notice him sniff the air.

"Wait, has that been you that's been making the house smell so good?" He walks beside me.

"Yeah I guess? It's just my perfume."

"I see that now." William shakes his head and chuckle. "I paid the maid an extra $30 an hour thinking it was her."

"I didn't know you like the smell so much."

William shrugs. "It's nice."

"Do you want me to pick you up a bottle the next time I buy one?" I smirk.

William deadpans me. "No, you can keep your lady perfume." I laugh as we enter the dining room where the meeting is being held. Wiliam and I come to a halt as everyone stares at us.

"It's about damn time." I snap my head as I see Jasmine sitting in a chair.

"Jazz what are you doing here?" She gets out of her chair and hugs me.

"I thought I'd come to watch how the action is done. I also wanted to see the house since my fake trick ass of a best friend hasn't invited me to her house yet." She playfully hits me.

I honestly don't deserve her as a friend. "Sorry Jazz."

"Can we all begin now?" Mr. Harrington chimes. He's seated at the head of the table. Phoenix is standing alongside other people who work for William's campaign. I believe that they are analysts for the campaign. Phoenix winks at Jasmine as we take a seat in the back.

Phoenix clears his throat before speaking. "Now that we have secured the primaries. Our biggest focus is the general election, and it's gonna be our biggest fight yet."

"Because our opposing rival is a favorite in the polls." The short male analyst with glasses speaks. He clicks on a remote and the tv goes from being dark to a picture appearing.

"This is Diego Muniez, he's the winner in all the polls. He's an activist, a lawyer, and an immigrant. He's pro-choice, pro-life and a was an avid advocator for Obergefell V Hodges so he's a hit in the LBGTQ+ community. The Dems love him."

"He's also one tall glass of water." Jasmine adds while eyeing the photo hungrily.

Phoenix snaps his head back to Jasmine. "Oh c'mon he's not even all that.'

"Oh yes he is babe, you are so lucky you got to me first, because-" Jasmine laughs before finishing her sentence.

"You're being extra," Phoenix rolls his eyes. "he's not that attractive."

Jasmine looks at me for help. "He is quite the looker." I add.

William quirks an eyebrow at me. "So you think that he is attractive?"

"Yes," I sit up straighter in my seat challenging William. "I'd be lying if I say that I didn't."

Mr. Harrington clears his throat before William can respond. Phoenix, with his arms crossed, and William turn back around in their chairs. Mr. Harrington nods at the analyst, who is uncomfortable and confused, to continue.

"GoDiegoGo has been trending on Twitter. There's a slim chance of swinging voters with the roll that he's on. Especially with this picture everywhere."