Chapter 3

The current leader of our pack. The Rosebud Pack, was alpha Christian Jones. Mostly known as Alpha Chris, he's known as being one of the friendliest alpha in the country, but if you get in his bad side, well he's one scary man. Alpha Christ had taken over as alpha at the age of eighteen like most do, he was currently at the age of twenty-two and was a great leader. Along with with his lovely mate and Luna, Brandi.

Unfortunately for him, I didn't work under him and he knew nothing about what I did. So sadly, he missed out on all my awesomeness, such a shame.

I worked, if you could call it that, under the old Alpha, Jamie Jones. Alpha Jones, as apparently Alpha Jamie isn't manly enough, was the only one who I took orders from.

Although, if I wanted to, I could just dismiss him altogether. As a direct Alpha command has no effect on my wolf and I. But I would never disobey Alpha Jones, everything he does has a reason and if he thinks it's good enough, than it is.

Arriving at the front of the Alpha house, I could smell several scents inside. Them being the current Alpha and Luna, their beta and his mate and their third in command also along with his mate. Luckily for me, the third in command just so happens to be my brother.

Although not born into the blood line, my brother, Ben had proved himself worthy of taking up the position. As the old third's have had two daughters and their parents deemed it to dangerous for them to take up the position, in which they gladly agreed.

Having not seen my brother in the last two years, due to both of us being busy with our own things, and his disliking towards me. I hadn't known he had found his mate, so this was pretty exciting for me. As usually when I come around no one but Alpha Jones and his mate is home.

Walking up to the front door, I neatly stuff the paper work clutched in my hands under my armpit. Not the most hygienic place, but who cares.

Taking a deep breath, I raise my slightly clammy hand and knock. Alright so having not seen my brother in a while, made me slightly nervous of his reaction, or if there's even one at all.

The sound of footsteps tuned me out of thoughts and by the smell of it, Alpha Chris was approaching the door.

The door opened and as usual my sense of smell was correct, as Alpha Chris graced me with his presence, with a small frown apparent on his face. Quickly giving me a once over, his frown than turned into a friendly smile.

"May I help you?" He asked. His voice catching me of guard, considering how much he sounded like his father.

Managing a smile, I pulled the paper work from under my armpit.

"I hope so, I'm here to see Alpha Jones. Got some paperwork he needs to go over." My surprisingly happy voice sounded.

Alpha Christ furrowed his eyebrows, probably wondering why a sixteen year old girl had paperwork for his father to go over, considering he was now the alpha.

"Ah, he's been a very busy man lately. How about I'll take it up to him shortly." He replied, reaching out his hand as if implying I was to give him the paper.

What does he not understand about me being here to see the alpha. If I wanted him to take the papers I would of asked, I thought.

"Oh no, I'm here to see the alpha, along with giving him the papers. I'm shore if you ask him he'll make time. Tell it's Cindy Keeler." I said exaggerating the see a bit to get my point across.

Seemly taken back by my demand, he pressed his lips together in a firm line. But non the less contacting his father, given by the way his eyes clouded over.

Surprised is inched across his face, giving me he a double take. Alpha Chris opens the door wider an motions me
in.

"Very well." Being his only response.
Following the familiar path to the Alpha's office.

We pass the living room, where it is there I see my brother and his mate cuddled up on the couch. She was undoubtedly beautiful with chocolate brown hair and from what I could see brown eyes. A small smile was playing along her lips as she gazed at the television.

Though her gaze then mets mine, where she lets out a small gasp. In turn, everyone's attention is then on Alpha Chris and I, although my main focus was on my brother. Surprised was present on his face, but was quickly masked by a blank look.

Managing a cheeky smile, I lifted my hand and waved at him. Earning several curious looks.

"Hey brother." Ignoring their reactions I continued on my way to Alpha Jones office, not bothering to wait for Alpha Chris, he was taking to long. Anyway a family reunion could happen later, or never.

Being the rude person I am, I bust into Alpha Jones office without knocking. Earning an irritated look from the man himself. Giggling quietly, I offer him a large smile.

"Morning Alpha Jones, I haven't seen you in forever." I said, although it was a lie as I had seen only a day before. Giving me another irritated glance, Alpha Jones looked towards his son, his expression softening.

"Thanks for escorting her up here, son. Sorry if she caused you and the others any trouble." Alpha Jones deep voice rumbled.

"No problem." Was Alpha Chris's response, looking as if he wanted ask a question. Due to the curious glint in his eyes. But before he could, Alpha Jones deep voice cut through the air silencing any questions Chris was about to ask.

"Alright then, I'll see you for dinner. Shut the door on the way out." And with that Alpha Chris was out. Although being the current Alpha he was still no match to disobey his father.

Turning to me, Alpha Jones eyed the papers I held in my hands. Which I gladly placed them on his desk and plopped myself down on one of the comfy cushioned chain seated in front.

Briefly glancing through them, he looked up and gave me a warm smile.

"Job well done, again. I'm proud" Alpha Jones said.

"Thank you, sir." I replied. A feeling of pride welled in my chest as an even bigger smile broke out across my face.

The moment was short lived though as Alpha Jones face went back into being serious.

"I have a bigger job for you, that's going to be a bit more difficult than usual. As it involves a larger amount of people that need to be disposed of, are you up for it?" His voice was almost emotionless as he said this. But looking into his eyes, I could tell they were saying if I didn't wish to this than I wouldn't have to.

"I certainly am." I responded. Besides the bigger the job, or larger amount of people, the more money I receive. I wasn't just going around killing people for free. Oh no, I was getting paid a shit ton of money, which was just a bonus as I loved my job. As I always visited new places, and depending on who the person was, I learnt new things about the way our body works.

So, yes I was certainly ready for whatever was next.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Word count: 1273
Date of completion:
23rd of September, 2017