⌜ bae jinyoung ; something more ⌟

• your pov •

it was christmas, and bae jin asked me out for dinner at 7:30pm.

"i'll be waiting for you outside your house." it was the last message he sent me.

it was already 6:45pm and i hurriedly ran to my bathroom to wash up and get changed into a nice floral blouse and a pair of jeans. i did my natural make-up look and got ready to leave the house. i looked at the clock, 7:24pm. i was on time. good job girl, you go girl.

i grabbed my handbag from my room and ran down the stairs. i took my favourite pair of sneakers and left the house. i saw baejin standing at the road right out. he was wearing a brown trench coat and parted his hair in a nice manner.

so handsome! he looks like a movie character. if only he was my prince charming..., i thought to myself, but we were only best friends. nothing more.

"baejin ah!" i called out.

• bae jin young's pov •

i parked my car right outside her house and waited for her, it was 7:18pm. i looked up to her bedroom window and her light was still switched on.

this girl... forever taking her own sweet time. she must only be washing up. i thought to myself, smiling at her 'forever-punctual' timing.

7:22pm. the light in her bedroom switched off. i got out of the car and waited beside my car, my back facing her house.

i heard the door open and footsteps.

today is the day. bae jin young, you can do it.

"baejin ah!" i heard (y/n) called out.

i turned around and saw the most beautiful girl...

• your pov •

baejin turned around and stared at me.

"what's wrong? baejin?" i asked.

"oh nothing, just thinking about something. oh and you are finally early for once. anyway, merry christmas!" he said and pulled me into a bear hug.

that was what we, best friends, do. yes and nothing more.

"merry christmas! I'm always early, don't you know? so where are you bringing me tonight?" i said while pulling away.

"it is a surprise. get in and be careful of your head." baejin said while opening the car door for me.

we both got into the car and we started talking about life on the way to our destination. after about half an hour, he told me that we reached and he got out of the car, opening the car door for me after that.

"woah, where is this place?" i asked, looking around. we were literally surrounded by trees and nothing else.

"let's go fill our tummies!" he said holding my hand and walking beside me.

yes, that's what we best friends do. nothing more.

we walked for about two minutes and what i saw was the most beautiful small restaurant. it was a stand alone restaurant, with a white exterior. the restaurant itself filled with warm lighting.

we entered the restaurant and saw two other couples in the restaurant. the waiter brought us to our table and we sat down, facing each other.

this is so romantic, it thought to myself.

wake up! we are only best friends, nothing more. i told myself and slapped myself internally.

we ordered our food and the waiter walked away. i looked at baejin and he looked at me. i looked away, blushing. why was it so awkward today?

i glanced at him and i saw him turning red.

why was he blushing? i asked myself. but we are friends remember? nothing more. (y/n) stop thinking too much!

the food came and we started eating. he cut a small piece of his steak and fed it to me. i ate it, all the meat juice came flowing out into my mouth.

"oh my gosh! that's delicious! its so full of flavour!" i said to baejin who was waiting for my response.

"haha, so its not because of me feeding you?" baejin asked teasingly.

ummm... what should i say?

"partly? i guess." i replied, embarrassed.

"haha, you're so cute. order more if you want anything." baejin said warmly.

we finished our meal and dessert came.

a banana split, my favourite.

"i ordered it because you liked it." baejin said.

"awww, thanks!" i exclaimed, getting ready a spoon.

we shared it, but i ate almost three quarter of it since i liked it more than he did. anyway, he said that he was already full.

we left the restaurant after we finished paying and we walked back to the car.

when we reached the car he said, " (y/n) ah, i have something to say."

i turned and looked at him. he seemed nervous, his pupils shaking, not daring to look at me in the eye.

"yes?" i asked.

he took out a couple ring from his pocket, took my hand and put it into my ring finger.

he took the other one and put it into his ring finger.

i looked at him, shocked.

oh my gosh, oh my goodness, oh my golly! what was he doing?

he looked at me in the eyes and said, "be my girlfriend? nothing less, something more."

[hey guys! hope you enjoyed this story! please remember to vote and do request for any stories you want!💗]