⌜ lai guanlin ; my good luck charm ⌟

story requested by: guanlins-forever 💞

"we are really happy to say that the volleyball team won the national volleyball games and came in first! can we invite the volleyball team to stand up!" Mr Park, the principal announced.

i stood up with pride and glory as i looked at my teammates, smiling. they all looked at me and returned a smile.

as i was looking around, i caught someone looking at me. it was none other than the basketball captain, lai guanlin.

i smirked at him and looked away. i could feel him looking at me.

too bad, it's volleyball that won. not basketball.

•during lunch•

i was walking back to my table during lunch and passed by the basketball boys' table.

"hey kathryn! congrats on your win!" someone shouted, and recognising the voice, it must be guanlin.

i sensed sarcasm and told him, "thanks?"

"but we basketball boys will win it next time." he said and gave a smile.

"yeah, i wish you all the best." i said, rolling my eyes and walking away.

i carried on walking to my table and sat down.

"what did he say?" my friend, eunbi, asked.

"he just congratulated me and said that he will win next time." i said taking out the utensils.

"ooooooo, he congratulated you? he hardly congratulates anyone." eunbi said and gave me that look.

"stop it, eunbi." i said nudging her shoulder.

"it's true! you see, he is looking at you." she said, pointing at his direction.

i turned over to see for myself, if eunbi was lying or is he really looking. when i turned around, i saw guanlin looking directly at me. he did not have that hatred in his eyes but he had this look in his eyes, which i can't explain. i looked at him for a few seconds, but it  seemed like a minute, before turning back.

"i told you he is looking at you!" eunbi exclaimed hitting me.

"stop it, you love lorn kid." i said, eating my noodles.

why is he looking at me like that? that's so creepy...

after school

i had night class today since exams are coming. i was packing my bag and getting ready to proceed to the classroom when suddenly someone tapped me from behind. i turned around and saw guanlin.

"your pen." he said passing it to me.

"thank you." i said and took the pen from him. my hand accidentally brushed his when i took the pen.

"sorry." i said.

"mmhhhhm, it's okay." guanlin said, laughing and walked away.

what, that was weird.

after night class

i walked out of the school gate and to the bus stop that was across the road. when i was about to cross the road, i saw someone at my left. i turned my head and saw a boy bending down beside the drain. he has long legs and a black bag back with a basketball pin on it. guanlin. i stopped to see what he was doing and suddenly, he was holding a cat. he gently placed the cat on his lapped and took the drain cover and covered the drain back.