⌜ park woojin ; can't love ⌟

story requested by: SamanthaSummer126

-your pov-

"(y/n) ah, wanna go for a date?" woojin asked.

"sure, where to?" i asked.

"would you like to recommend a few restaurants, my lady?" he asked.

"sure, how about the bbq place nearby?" i said.

"sounds good." woojin said as he touched my face.

i went to my room to get dressed when i saw the picture of me and woojin together when we started 'dating'.

i smiled at the sight of that cute picture. me poking my fingers at woojin's cheek while he did the bunny ear pose on me.

why i put 'dating' with an apostrophe is because we are not totally dating. we can't actually. because woojin is not human, and his species, can't love. if he does, his heart will turn into stone. so therefore, our relationship is not your typical relationship where both parties love each other so openly. in our relationship, we have our boundaries. no kissing, no hugging and no love.

but we know that deep down, our feelings for each other is true. but we can't show it.

i suddenly remembered the time when we first met.

-flashback-

"help me! someone help me!" i was being kidnapped by a stranger. i was walking home and was walking through a dark alley when someone grabbed me from behind. i screamed and he tried to cover my hand, but i bit his hand and he let me go. i tried running away but he caught up with me and tried to strangle me. out of nowhere, a boy appeared and punched the kidnapper. the kidnapper flew to the side and landed on the floor.

the boy went up to him, grabbed him and lifted him off the ground, like literally 20cm off the ground. how can a boy with such a small built lift someone so big sized off the ground so easily?

"touch her again, and you die!" he shouted at the guy as he let go of him, which sent him crumpling to the ground.

the boy ran beside me and held me up.

"are you okay?" he asked.

"yes, i'm fine," i said looking at him in the eyes, "thank you so much for saving me."

"my pleasure." he said.

"how did you manage to lift him off the ground so easily?" i asked.

"i have my ways. i'm not human." he said and gave me a wink.

-end of flashback-

we began going out with each other after that incident and since then, we got together as a couple.

"(y/n), are you ready?" woojin called out.

"almost done. give me one more hour" i said.

-woojin's pov-

i smiled to myself when i heard (y/n) said 'one more hour' and 'almost done'. literally contradicting herself.

i sat on the sofa and closed my eyes. i have been feeling very tired these days, i'm not sure why. even just walking around the house seems like i ran a 10km marathon.

"love a human and your heart turns to stone. you will get tired easily and you may eventually lose your powers."

i suddenly remember what my master said. i was actually sent to earth to complete a mission my master asked me to buy one day i chanced upon (y/n) almost getting kidnapped. since then, i never left Earth and it is now, where i call home.