⌜ ongniel ; glad you are happy ⌟

story requested by: Moon_Minji1201 💘

"jiyu ah, do you wanna get some coffee after school?" seongwoo asked me when the school bell rang.

"sure! starbucks?" i asked him, putting by books into my bag.

"my treat!" seongwoo exclaimed and stood up.

"you're the best!" i said putting my hand on his shoulder, and together, we walked out of the classroom.

-at starbucks-

"what do you wanna drink?" seongwoo asked.

"the normal cho..." i said but got cut off by seongwoo.

"chocolate chip cream? got it! go and sit down." seongwoo said.

i gave him a smile and walked to the table.

seongwoo was my best friend since middle school and we were inseparable ever since. my friend, hyunji, told me that she suspected that seongwoo likes me but i always deny since we were not more than best friends. but sometimes, i also wonder whether he likes me since he acts really weird at times.

-last week-

i was walking home, in the rain with my hoodie on since i forgot to bring my umbrella.

"why am i so unlucky, gosh." i mumbled under my breath and sighed really loudly.

the rain suddenly stopped pouring on me, and to my surprise, seongwoo was standing beside me sheltering me with his umbrella.

"where do you think you are going without an umbrella?" he asked and looked at me.

"oh, seongwoo to my rescue!" i exclaimed.

he then reached out to take my hand and then passed me the umbrella.

"take this with you, i can't afford getting you sick." he said and ran off in his hoodie.

"yah, what are you thinking about?" seongwoo asked snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"oh sorry. i was thinking of something." i said.

i took my drink off the tray and took a sip.

"thanks!" i said waving my hand in the air and continuing to drink more of it.

"look at this. jiyu is the happiest with this favourite drink of hers, am i correct?" seongwoo said laughing.

"and also when i'm with you, my bestest friend." i exclaimed and showed a heart sign.

at that moment, i saw him blush and look away.

"yah, i was just kidding about tha... the heart sign is just a friend sign not like whatever you are thinking sign." i said completely friend zoning him.

"i know i know." he said looking hurt.

"i'm sorry." i said and then i felt awkwardness in the air.