Little Visits

Daniel has counted the times David has visited him, 124, David has visited Daniel 124 times. Daniel gave a small sigh. The room was quiet aside from the heart monitor and the faint sound of birds nearby. Those were the only sounds that Daniel focused on anyway. He tried multiple times to zone David out by staring out the window but David always shoved himself into Daniel's view.

"Hey there, Daniel!~" A voice rang out in the room.

'Fucking hell.' The blond thought to himself as he looked towards the door.

There he is. David. The man himself, the man that somehow made Daniel drink his own poison. 'Fuck him,' Daniel thought. 'His innocence has to be some sort of trick. He's probably mocking me with each visit.'

David walked up to Daniel with a bouquet of roses along with other red-colored flowers. Daniel felt a small blush creep onto his cheeks upon seeing the flowers. 'What the hell? Red flowers and roses? He has to be joking.'

"I brought you these flowers. I was told that red flowers means appreciation. So I brought you these!" David said while holding the red flowers towards Daniel.

'That's pink you dimwit,' Daniel thought while David put the flowers in a vase next to Daniel's bed. 'Maybe he really is innocent... but fucking dimwitted at that.' Daniel smiled and chuckled a bit at what he thought.

"Oh! Do you like the flowers?" David asked, happily smiling.

Daniel stared at David, "Uh... Yeah. Totally. They're... nice." Daniel mumbled while trying to keep from looking at the flowers, but instead just stared at David as he spoke.

David's cheeks turned pink and he rubbed the back of his neck while smiling. "Um... So, how're you feeling?" He asked.

"Dandy," Daniel said, clearly not the happiest camper. "But I do have a question."

"Shoot!" David smiled. "But I don't mean like, actually shoot me I mean-"

"I'd like to come back to the camp." Daniel interrupted David.

David stared at Daniel before giving Daniel a swift hug.

"Oh of course you can, Daniel!"

Daniel started to return the hug before he heard the heart monitor pick up, so he shoved David away and pretended to have a coughing fit. David panicked a bit and pat Daniel's back.

"Are you okay!?"

Daniel swatted a hand at David, him pretending to cough started to make him actually cough, it hurt but it was better than hearing his heart rate pick up over the red-haired fool that stood beside his bed. When he stopped David handed him a cup of water and Daniel stared at David a bit before taking the cup and taking a sip. Daniel cleared his throat as he sat the cup down.

"I get out in a week. So, I'll see you then?" Daniel asked as he looked at David.

"And some in between!" David said happily. "I'll be seeing you then!"

"Goodbye, David."

David walked out of the room and Daniel groaned as he brought his knees to his chest and felt his face get hot.