Seventeen

Oh hey look. I've finally published. Seeing how famous this has gotten has given me the urge to finish this. So don't worry, I'm not cancelling this anytime soon! It may take a while in between each chapter but it's still gonna be finished.

With love, the asshole that's writing this, me.

==============================

Gwen stared at Daniel intensely. The blonde rubbed the back of his neck as he looked to his cup of coffee.

"So... you got better?" Gwen said as she took a long sip of her coffee.

"Uh... yeah I did." Daniel said, "I'm no longer in affiliation with the Church of Zeemug. Instead, they encouraged me to pick up Christianity, but it wasn't my cup of tea."

"So what religion?"

"Don't have one." Daniel added, "They figured that since I pushed away every religion they've thrown at me, they decided it would be a good idea to just not give me one." Gwen gave a loud hum in between her sips, "Instead I'm dedicating my time to fully getting better and being involved with David again."

Gwen gave a small glare and leaned towards him, "David's been taking therapy."

"Understandable. Everything I did put a large toll on him." Daniel put his chin into his palm and looked out the kitchen window, "I loved him... I still do."

"One hell of a way to show it."

Daniel gave a small smile and pushed his hair back, "The way I did it before was destructive. I'm going to fix it." Gwen felt a small smile tug at her lips while watching Daniel, "I'll stay with him from now on. Maybe actually start a good relationship."

"You have to get passed Max." Gwen said.

"Max?... Max..." Daniel's eyes went wide as he put a hand to his throat, "I... I never meant to hurt him like that. That was... horrendous."

"Max told me about it." Gwen said as she got up, "If you were fully intent on killing him at the time, why'd you stop?"

Daniel looked at Gwen, "I had a family before. I had a little brother, he was a small kid, like Max..." Gwen stared for a second before it clicked.

"Did you... hurt him?"

Daniel nodded, "I was forced to. But even then it doesn't excuse it." He looked away and whispered; "Especially how I've done it."

It was quiet for a long while before Daniel spoke up, "...Is... Is David dating anyone? Like, what's his type now?" He sighed and brought his hands to his face, "I just want to be perfect for him."

Gwen gave a shrug and Daniel groaned, "Alright. I—"

Daniel was interrupted as David came into the room, making the blond male shut up and give a smile.

David smiled back and gave him a hug, "I'm glad to see you again, Daniel."

"The feeling is mutual." Daniel said as he returned David's hug.

David backed away with a large smile on his face, beaming with joy, "It felt like forever."

Daniel gave a hum and David continued, "I know it's only been six years but... but it felt so much longer to me."

"He's kept himself busy though." Gwen said.

"I can tell." Daniel said as he looked at David's body, "And from what I've seen, you adopted Max and another camper, didn't you? Along with having a pretty good social life."

David smiled and nodded, "What about you?"

Daniel stopped and stared for a second waiting for David to say 'just kidding!' But in fact he was very much serious, "Well... I met a man named Randy. He got out before I did. He was pretty nice. Helped me realize that my previous religion was a full-blown cult."