Nineteen

Smut Warning in this chapter
Will let you know if you wish to skip
========================

"Let me stay tonight." Gwen begged.

"There's no need to, Gwen. It's fine." David smiled.

Gwen sighed and walked out, "See ya' tomorrow. Don't get killed."

"I won't! See ya'!"

David turned back to Max and Harrison, who were playing a video game, "So Daniel's back?" Harrison questioned.

"Yeah." David sighed.

"The guy who caused you to go into extreme emotional distress, the same guy who also tried to kill Max and you?"

"Yeah, that insane fucker."

"Max, language, and yes. He is back. But he's trying to make up to us!"

Max groaned out as he looked to David, "More like trying to kill us again."

Harrison smiled and put down the controller, "I trust David's choices."

Max scoffed, "Sure."

David smiled a bit and walked into the kitchen. Harrison looked at Max, "Look at where we are, Max. This was one of David's choices. He came back for us. This is why I trust him."

Max glared at Harrison before looking at the floor, tearing up a bit, "Whatever." He pulled the blanket over his head and laid down.

Harrison looked back at the tv, "Truthfully. I'm scared of what might happen now that he's back."

Max lightly gasped and looked at Harrison, "What?"

"You're not wrong that he might try to kill us again. But you could also... be wrong too."

"I'd like to be wrong. Trust me."

Harrison gripped his arms and shivered a bit, "We can't go back to that... that path."

Max looked at the shivering boy and pat his back, "Hey, we won't go back. I will make sure we don't."

"Boys!" David called out, "It's getting late, you better get some sleep! Especially you, Max!"

Max and Harrison groaned, "But David!"

"No buts! Butts are for sitting!" David said as he came back in, "Go! Go on now! Get some sleep!"

"Can I go upstairs?" Max asked, "I don't wanna sleep on the couch and I feel a bit better."

"Alright." David said.

He watched the two boys go upstairs and started to straighten up the couch, soon plopping down and looking up to the ceiling. He wondered where Daniel has went to for so long, but soon turned over to his side and hugged a pillow close.

He was starting to fall asleep before he heard a knock at the door. He slowly got up and answered the door, he smiled a bit when he saw Daniel, "Hey."

"Sorry about coming around so late. I couldn't find a hotel."

"No it's fine. Come in."