-13-

Peter and Roman had been searching through the steel mill for nearly thirty minutes. They weren't sure what it was they were looking for.

They had decided to split up, going opposite directions in a desperate attempt to find something... anything. They met back in the same place they had started, with nothing.

"You said you dreamed about this place. Why the fuck can we not find anything?" Roman spat rhetorically, turning off his flashlight.

Peter didn't understand, the dreams had led him there to Castle Godfrey - the old steel mill. He knew it the moment they drove by, that this was in fact the place that haunted his dream. But from what he saw, there was nothing... no blood, no body.

"The control panels... Do you know where those would be?"

"In the back. I thought you looked there." Roman said, scratching his temple.

"I thought you looked there." Peter began walking toward the back, Roman following closely behind.

Leading the way through the darkness with a flashlight, Peter found a steel door that was cracked open.

He stopped, turning back to Roman, giving him a look of idiocy. They had both been moronic about checking the place thoroughly.

Peter pushed the door open all the way, the hinges squeaking loudly with an eerie echo. Sure enough, control panels lined the wall, some even open.

Peter froze when rounding the corner, looking down at the concrete flooring with a blood trail that looked as though a body had been dragged.

"What is it?" Roman asked, bumping into Peter's back. He had been looking up, not paying attention.

"You don't see it?" Peter stepped over the trail of blood, shining the flashlight at the floor for Roman to see.

His eyes shifted to the wall, seeing the blood splatters. He followed the splotch of blood, the light shining up at the ceiling, revealing more blood. Peter looked to Roman, seeing the horror on his face as the realization sank in.

They were face to face with something more dangerous than they had originally thought. "A vargulf didn't do this." Peter said, watching Roman's eyes scan the room.

"Then what did?"

"I don't know. But it wasn't anything of my kind."

Roman raced out of the room with Peter on his heels.