-14-

In the weeks that had passed, Roman and Peter were no closer to finding out who killed Anita Parker. But there was something - someone - Roman had gotten closer to, and that someone was Lyra Cambion.

Roman's hands gripped tightly onto Lyra's hips, her flesh peeking out between the gaps in his fingers.

She hovered above the white porcelain, grabbing hold of the sides of the sink as she watched Roman have his way with her through the mirror. His hips thrust into her from behind, causing her to bounce lightly with his quickening motions.

No sooner than the dreams had stopped, they started again. When Roman wasn't with Peter, he was usually with Lyra - in her bed, in the girl's bathroom at school, or in his car.

When the deed was done, doing it again was all he could seem to think about. Lyra felt the same way. She had tried playing things aloof in a measly attempt at keeping a little dignity, but it was impossible with Roman. She wanted Roman just as badly as he wanted her.

Roman pulled her hips back into his one final time, groaning softly as his body shuttered against hers. He trailed his hands up the length of her back, feeling her warm skin beneath his palms until reaching her shoulders.

He slipped out of her body, turning her around to face him. He let go of her shoulders, pulling up his pants as Lyra did the same.

This was becoming a routine - every Monday and Thursday, when in separate classes, the two would ask to be excused. They would meet up in the girl's bathroom, with the door locked, as they consummated their deep seated lust that plagued their dreams at night.

During the times outside of school when Roman wasn't with Peter, they would be upstairs in Lyra's bedroom, doing exactly what they did every Monday and Thursday. Sometimes, even when Roman was supposed to meet with Peter, he would drive Lyra to an abandoned lot, just to fulfill his body's eager need then drive her home.

Roman had become a welcomed guest in Lyra's house. Her mother, Mary, had begun to like the arrogant boy her daughter had been hanging around. She believed Roman to be a good influence, and that when the pair weren't in her sight, they were innocently studying together.

Mary had no idea that her virtuous thoughts of Roman were simply because Lyra had planted them there.

"Full moon's tonight." Roman spoke softly against Lyra's cheek, his hands moving along the base of her neck. "Where will you be?"

"Home. In bed, probably." Lyra swept Roman's hair out of his eyes, gazing into his light green Iris's. She watched as his pupils expanded - dilate, then retract.

He was the most beautiful boy she had ever seen.

"Good. I want you to stay there, do you understand me?" Roman spoke in an authoritative voice.

"I understand you. That doesn't mean I'm going to listen." Lyra smirked, buttoning her pants before draping her arms around Roman's neck.

She watched his jaw clench, seeing that she had upset him with her defiance. "If something happens to you-"

"Nothing is going to happen to me. I'm worried something's going to happen to you." Lyra dropped her arms, folding them over her chest as she leaned back into the sink. "I mean... this is crazy, Roman. You and Peter are chasing after ghosts- you have no idea what's out there."

"We can't just sit back and watch it happen it again. We're the only ones capable of stopping it."

Lyra shrugged, pushing herself away from the sink. She stepped around Roman, unlocking the door. "Just, promise me you'll be safe, Roman... Promise me."