After Devasena's Seemantham

Devasena rushes to her room heatedly. Her anger knew no bounds. Her husband was dismissed from his job.. And for what? Because of the jealousy of a creep? And to whom? That jealous Moron's dog? She was angrily removing her jewels when she felt her husband's presence. She turned to see her husband standing there looking at her with her hands on his hips. But his stance did not show any anger.

"Entandi?"

She asked.

"Wondering what had got into my Devasena today"

He said chuckling and shaking his head. But Devasena could see through his smile. Her husband was upset. But she maintained silence as he came and stood beside her.

"Aa aavesam enti Devasena? What was that rage?"

Devasena looked up at him into his eyes.

"What else do you expect from me? You were already made military head from crown prince. And now he is removing you from that post too.."

"Devasena! Those posts.."

"Don't matter. I know. But we should never back away from what is rightfully ours. Look at him fighting for.."

"Devasena! Relax!"

He said sitting beside her and rubbing her back soothing her back ache.

"Entandi meeru? You are silent? Even Rajamata is silent. How could she?"

"Devasena amma ki kuda idi telidu. Did you see how shocked she was?"

"What is the use? Why didn't she oppose? Her silence is actually dangerous."

"I know. But it is king's orders! What could she do?"

"It was she who made him king kada?"

"Till then its her right. But after that she cannot interfere in every decision of the King!"

"Mee neethulu chattalu naa daggara saagavu! I will burn them if they are going to affect anyone. Nenu mundu cheppinattu abhimaanam chapukoni nenu undalenu!"

Amarendra smiled at his wife's fighting spirit. He never once had anyone to fight for him like this. Even when his uncle and others hailed his brother to be King as he killed Kaalakeya, he never fought. It was his mother who announced him as crown prince. Again he took what came his way. That was taught to him. It was the Dharmam he was taught. Till today he did not find fault in it. But his wife had!

"Aa navventandi?"

Devasena asked frowning. Amarendra smiled and gave her a peck on her forehead.

"Just happy that I have such a wife, who doesnt back away from fighting for me. You did not even hesitate looking at the King and Amma, the Rajamata of Maahishmati."

"Thappu ni Thappu anadaniki Bayam enduku? Why should I fear to call a spade, a spade?"

She asked with her head held high.

"Ahh! My fiery Devasena!"

He said putting his arm around her shoulder and making her lay on him. She too happily laid her head on his chest closing her eyes as he caressed her arm.

"Devasena! The wish you asked for.."

"I know! But you should know that you are a King already. I know it, the people know it. Rajamata also does. But she should clear her vision."

"Naa Amma.. She is not bad Devasena! Its just slip of judgement. Once she sees things clearly she will understand."

"I know! I just hope she sees the truth soon."

"Me too!"

"And until then do not stop me or try to silence me! You will not talk. So it falls on my head to do that for you!"

Now Amarendra was clearly amused. He chuckled.

"Ok I will not. But devasena! Tell me what you want. I did not give you anything right?"

"You are there for me. What else do I want? Naaku inkem Kavalandi?"

She said as she happily slipped into slumber as his heartbeat lulled her to sleep. But Amarendra decided something. He already promised her that he would not let anyone hurt her or her self respect. Today's incident showed him how vulnerable they were mainly Devasena. And from today's incident he understood that his wife could not see him being treated as inferior.

He promised to himself to not let her get affected in this crossfire between the Chattam and Dharmam. His wife, trusts him and it was his responsibility to make sure that trust is retained. He can never see mistrust for him in his wife's eyes. That would kill him.