The Wild Boar Hunt

Devasena stood pacing her chamber thinking about the Moddhu. She was so sure that he wasn't what he portrayed himself as. Or rather what his mama portrayed him as. Something was definitely amiss.

She remembered her soldiers finding a few more dacoits inside the woods. She did not fight them, they never came into the play and her soldiers said that they did fight those dacoits. So who got them captured? She remembered that Moddhu and his uncle coming out of the woods at the end of the fight. And that moddhu's stare when she said

"Revulo thaathi chettula perigaru.. Aadala madhyalo daakodaniki sigguga ledu? You have so tall like palm trees and arent you ashamed of hiding among women?"

That stare was disturbing her a lot. It was like he wanted to argue about it until his drama queen uncle came along!

And then, her Bava Kumara Varma? Slicing that big log? In one single stroke? She knew him better than that. Not that he was bad or weak. He was just not that reflexive and fast. But with that Moddhu beside, he did the next to impossible. How? It was time she got answers for all these questions. But suddenly her maid servants came running to her.

"Yuvarani.. Yuvarani.."

"Enti?"

"Raithulu! The farmers are really in state of pity Yuvarani. Adavi pandhulu pantalu anta naasanam chestunnayi. The wild boars are really creating a menace for them."

Devasena took a deep breath. Looks like the time to find out about Moddhu has come. She along with her maid servants, moved to her Bava Kumara Varma's chamber. She heard the sound of sword hitting the log and smiled to herself. Then she heard a grunt followed by her Bava's voice saying..

"Emayinde Neeku, poodduna baagane digiavu ga! What is wrong with you? You were slicing fine this morning?"

Devasena's smile widened. She knew it was not her Bava this morning. Grinning at the idea that took shape in her mind, she walked inside his chamber followed by her giggling maids.

But as soon as she entered, she noticed that the log and sword have gone missing and her Bava was giving her this sheepish smile. She smiled.

"Raa Devasena! If you have come at this late hour, then it must be really important"

Oh yes.. It was important. But she just smiled and held her Bava's hand.

"Bava, poddune nee vinyasani choodaleka poyanu. Ipudu choopinchava? I couldnt see your feat this morning. Could you show it for me now?"

And as expected she saw the shock in her Bava's face. She silenced her maids who were giggling. Fumbling, her bava made up his mind.

"Where will I get a log at this time?"

She turned to her maids who ran to where the log was hidden.

"Oh! Who hid the log behind the pillar?"

She just smiled at her Bava trying hard to escape her. Once the log was brought, he knew that he had no escape. Still her bava was not someone to back away of which she was proud of.

"Thechara? Good! Now where did I keep my sword?"

Her maid ran to bring the sword. Devasena kept looking at her Bava as he tried hard to think of a way to escape the situation. But Alas!

And he had to give in. He measured his force.

"Dooranga jeragandi! Keep distance. It might hit us"

Devasena said moving back. Her Bava Kumara Varma was like YEAH YEAH! Devasena stifled her giggle.

Just as he aimed his sword and was about to let his arm fly, when they heard an unrgent..