From Epitome to Antithesis of Justice

antithesis/anˈtɪθəsɪs/noun1.a person or thing that is the direct opposite of someone or something else."love is the antithesis of selfishness"synonyms:(direct) opposite, converse, reverse, reversal, inverse, obverse; 

Sivagami was walking towards her royal study when her eyes fell on the royal nursery that had Baahu and Bhalla's old cradles

Sivagami was walking towards her royal study when her eyes fell on the royal nursery that had Baahu and Bhalla's old cradles. In fact she got the cradle ready again for the use of Baahu's child. Sivagami's heart ached at the thought of Baahu's child. Her Baahu's child. The child whom she wanted to teach everything keep close to her heart. The child, who will call her nanamma and for whom she will do anything.

She remembered how Baahu came around her calling AMMA and did anything she said, anything for her. She remembered how Baahu proved to be her son more than her own.

As she saw, both her son stood in front of her. Both telling their sides. But she saw herself too.

"Promising a girl to your son, without the consent of the girl is wrong Amma. You did wrong."

She heard Baahubali. Suddenly her Baahu became the savior of pride and virtue of a third person than her and Bhalla became "Her Son".

On the other side stood, stood Bhalla standing aside and letting his younger brother take the throne.

"Amma! Are you trying to compensate the throne with these gifts? Your son is not a person to get upset about such mere matters of not getting throne. Your orders are above all. Don't degrade it by these gifts Amma."

What was the wrong she did? She brought up both of them equally. She taught them both equally. So she gave the right to throne to them too on the same basis. But a throne cannot have two rulers. So she had to choose and she chose Baahu casting Bhalla aside.

Was that the wrong she did?

She wanted Bhalla to be equally treated and celebrated. But what could she do when he did not have the qualities of a Ruler, administrator. But he was above all that, which he showed by rejecting the gifts she tried to give him and taking the post of Military commander over the promised throne.

So what was she supposed to do? She promised him the one thing he asked from her. Devasena!

But Baahu stood in between her promise. He thought his promise to Devasena was more important than hers to Bhalla. How dare he call her WRONG?

How can she be wrong? She is the woman who had single handedly took over the responsibility of this vast empire and the two kids and ruled this kingdom with iron fist keeping enemies at bay and paving path for this day where she was opposed by the same son whom she took under her care when enemies were ready to kill him when his father and mother both died untimely death.

But still she had trust on her upbringing that she spared him he first time. But she could not stop herself from ripping him of the throne. It was justice. When Bhalla cannot get his promised girl, it was right for Baahu to not get his promised throne. So that, Baahu can get his love, Devasena and Bhalla can get his right, the throne.

In disguise, she gave both her sons what they wanted the most. So she thought everything will come to end there. But no! Baahu's love to Devasena kept taking him away from her as he kept standing between them both.

Devasena! The one person, who stood up to her when no one dared to in all these days. The one person who questioned her ways when not even the males in her royal family ever did. Devasena.. The one person who questioned every single thing that has been followed for ages.

Not only Devasena stood against her, she turned Baahu against too. So much that he was down to doing things in the filled court of the King in front of the ministers and jury, not respecting anything or anyone. Her Baahu who was known for respecting elders and not crossing the line she drew was down to overthrowing the laws in front of her in spite of her warning. For whom? For Devasena!

Even after being thrown out of the Castle, he did not stay put. He gathered the villagers and started looking into their complaints when this was supposed to be the responsibility of the Ministry. And along by him as he did all these, stood Devasena and her Brother in law, Kumara Varma. The same Kumara Varma who was also Baahu's loyal man.

The same Kumara Varma, who had died trying to kill Bhalla, her son, king of Maahishmati.

When she gave the throne to Baahu, Bhalla stood aside letting him. But when she gave the throne to Bhalla, this is what Baahu did. Send his loyal man in the darkness of night, to kill the king.

She remembered teaching Baahu and Bhalla the Kshatriya dharmam. When one son followed her, the other son kept opposing her and going against the Dharma. Conspiring against the King and sending his men to kill the King was the last straw. Sivagami's righteous son was not the right anymore.

Thus she decided.

She, Sivagami Devi, the Rajamata of this Maahishmati empire has always stood by the right, and this situation was no different. She will stand by the right and make justice prevail, even if it meant killing her own son whom she cared for so much.

The mother in her might say that Baahu was right in his place. But the same mother also said that HER SON Bhalla was in danger. And the Rajamata in her reminded her of the law that said the ultimate punishment for conspirators against king was death. And so with heavy heart, she asked Kattappa to do something that neither she herself nor Kattappa even dreamt of.

But now, after giving the order, she felt her judgement slipping. Why?

She sat in her chair in her study thinking about all the situation that led to this again and her feeling about her judgement grew. It unsettled to think how impulsively she had come to this conclusion.

Was it too late?

At that precise moment, she heard the sound of a sword dragging on the ground and slowly Kattappa came into view with his sword dripping blood.

It was late!

But what he did next shook the very being of her. He colored her hand with the blood. Blood of her Baahu.

"THAPPU CHESAVU SIVAGAMI!"

Kattappa raised his voice in front of her for first time. And she knew. Her fear of her judgment slipping has come true.

She, Sivagami Devi who was known to stand by right always, has given a wrong judgement and has fallen for a mighty trap set by bhalla and her husband.

She, Sivagami Devi, Rajamata of Maahishmati who was known to be the epitome of justice, was not that anymore. She has fallen! She has killed her own son due to her ego blinding her to what is right!

Epitome of justice has fallen to become the Antithesis!