In Kunthalam..!-Feelings of Amarendra

Amarendra was lying on the bench in the royal kitchen of Kunthalam

Amarendra was lying on the bench in the royal kitchen of Kunthalam. He thought of the first time he met Yuvarani Devasena.

She was sitting demurely inside a palanquin and her people were standing around. The way she sat with her arms around her knees, he saw her through a screen that kept her away from his eyes. Never once he has cursed anything in his life like he cursed that screen that moment.

Suddenly the commotion of the bandits came and he saw all well dressed people of his princess turned soldiers. He understood that it was a set up to catch the bandits.

But what caught his attention was his princess. Who was diverting the bandits with the same screen that kept her away from his eyes.

He so wanted that screen to be torn. And his wish was granted. His princess tore the screen herself and, first her eyes came! Sharp as her sword. Then lips, and then..

Awww!

Was all he could do or say. Never once he has seen a woman handle sword so beautiful apart from his mother. Her every movement hit him hard. She was a pleasant change from all the damsels he has seen before. Her eyes had the fire while her face was so pleasant. She was looking so simple, but so elegantly carried herself even while fighting 5-10 goons.

But then duty calls, he had to fight some of the bandits himself as they were planning a hidden attack.

Oh how he wished to be with her as she fought!

But then, he thought may be he should do the opposite. What is the fun in impressing her with his speed and skills? She should see him who he is, not what he is.

And he smiled how he planned to act as Moddhu, thanks to his mama!

He chuckled even now thinking at her tone when she scolded them for hiding with women!

And he also noticed her checking him out. What did she say?

"Oddu podugu bagane unnadu.."

He smiled thinking of her smile as she moved on from there. He knew that she did not buy their story. He very well knew that she will not stay put until she found out about him. It was because of his little slips here and there.

Like he let his arm fly looking at her and forgot that he should be acting as Moddhu. Thank god his mama made that Kumara Varma as hero and saved him.

Again during that boar hunt, he was so eager to show his talents. She might be the best archer in Kunthalam. But he wanted her to see his talent. He did not know why. So hiding behind Kumara varma, he did hunt down all the boars.

But again, he got caught.

His Devasena was really smart. Just with his touch, she recognized him to be no Moddhu but a warrior. He smiled thinking how she very cleverly missed her step and fell for him to catch. His palms still tingled feeling her touch.