Samuel Short 1

Samuel as usual was out street performing. He had to do this everyday due to his dads obsession with gambling and drinking... he and his brother were the only reason they weren't living on the streets. Samuel was performing his favorite monologue from Shakespeare... although he would rather be reading anything else... the daily shoppers seemed to love it, they love it so much that Samuel makes around $50 a day. 

He stood in his usual spot as he began the monologue 

"I know you all and will a while uphold the unyoked humor of your idleness.." He spoke his best attempted at sounding like a typical Shakespearean actor.  As he began to speak, many shoppers lingered to listen as money soon began filling his hat upon the floor.

"... so when this loose behavior I throw off... and pay the dept I never promised, b-"

"by how much better than my word I am..." Spoke a soft gentle voice from within the audience. Many of the on lookers turned to the girl as she stepped forward. She seemed to look like a typical book worm. Samuel looked to the girl, hiding his impressed feelings behind his acting skills. He waited, wondering if she would continue.

She did

"By so much shall I falsify mens hopes and like bright metal on a solemn ground... my reformation, glittering o'er my fault" She spoke as she stepped into his performance space. Saying the words to Samuel with a clear British accent. By her attire as well he could only assume that she was a tourist to the area. 

Samuel stepped forward, more out to the audience than to the girl "Shall so more goodly and attracted more eyes than that which hath no foil to set it off..." He spoke as the audience looked to him once more. He then swiftly turned back to the girl. Stepping forward with each word 

"I shall offend to make offence a skill..." He spoke as he stood over her, intimidating the girl.

She looked up to him as she spoke the final line "Redeeming time... when men think least I will.." She said as she held the focus upon his features. 

As the audience began to applause Samuel smiled softly to the girl as she returned the smile. Both of them taking a bow together. The audience soon started to disperse as the girl started to walk away.

"Hey! wait up" Samuel said as the girl turned swiftly on her feet to face him 

"Your British, arent ya?" He asked as he picked up his hat and pocketed the money he had raised. 

She nodded lightly as she was gripping to her messenger bag over her shoulder. 

"So... you like Henry IV?" The girl spoke as she stepped forward to him. 

Samuel nodded "Yeah... its a great speech." He said as he scratched the back of his head "I know other ones..." 

She smiled as she moved a piece of hair out of her face "Well... ill have to come back tomorrow and hear what else you've got up your sleeve" She said as she looked down to his clothing, then back up to his face. As if she was making sure she would remember him. She turned around to leave once more

Samuel stepped forward slightly "Whats your name!" He called after her as he held onto his hat, watching the beauty leave

"Its Y/N..." She spoke without looking back, a smile plastered on her face.

Samuel had never loved Shakespeare so much in his life.