Whitey Winn x Reader Part 1

(In honor of Godless coming out this week)

Y/N - Your Name 

S/N - Surname 

 Y/N had been but a young girl when the damn accident happen, ever since she never been the same. Her folks had moved down to La Belle  from Louisiana in order for her father to set up business, like many other dreamers.. he ended up down the mines and Y/N, her mama and siblings worked the bakery. Y/N used to help with the delivers to the goods store just down route towards the center of La Belle. Y/N... and the rest of the folks in La Belle had no idea what was to happen on that day.

Y/N lost everything, her papa.. who used to take her horse riding when he could, teach her how to decorate the treats in the bakery and how to weave baskets, her oldest brother.. being just old enough to work in the mines.. Y/N had her mama and baby sister to care for. Sadly, her mama Marlene got sick real quick and was dead within a month. Y/N being left all alone with baby Bethan. 

And thats how things continued to be. Thanks to some of the local ladies who helped Y/N, Bethan was raised alright and good, learnt to read and write even before Y/N could herself, Y/N had too much work to do.. the folks in La Belle needed food and the bakery was a key part of it. Y/N ran it all, hiring a few young'uns who had been left fatherless.. she paid them right and kept 'em strong, managing to look after such a business from a young age was a talent she somehow had. Although, she wished she didnt have to grown up all quick like... have some time to learn the things she needed. But that just aint what this world is about.  

Today was like no other, the sun beating down on them like the flames of a fire alongside the heat from the ovens making the bakery all stuffy. Y/N didn't mind, apron around her waist, flour over her face and hands. Life was just normal like. Till an unexpected customer swung into her place o' business. 

"Whitey? What brings you here? Shouldn't you be looking after that god-awful sheriff of ours?" Y/N asked as she dusted her hands off and rested one of her hands on her hip. 

The rather grubby boy deputy just smirked as he rested his hands upon his belt, glancing around the small and dimly lit bakery

"Dont you worry there Miss S/N, he can handle things for a few minutes." Whitey said as he removed his hat, tapping it in order to remove the dust from it. He placed it on one of the tables and sat down. 

Y/N sighed, she had only recently opened some of the shop to be a cafe-like place in order to attract customers, not the cocky deputy from down route. Y/N walked over and folded her arms over her chest 

"I got rules in her, Winn. You sittin', no slingin'" She spoke as she glanced to his pistols and holders around his belt. 

Whitey then glanced in the direction of her eyeline, taking a moment before he moved to take them off. Placing them on the table. He couldnt argue with her, or many of the women in this town. "I didn't see you around recently Miss S/N, things been going your way?" He asked, watching as Y/N moved back to her main table where she was kneading dough. 

Y/N glanced up from her work for a brief second "More than you could imagine" she said as she wiped sweat from off her forehead. 

"I ain't even got round to picking up Bet from Miss Dunne" Y/N spoke, a hint of stress pondering on her words. 

Whitey looked to her as he tapped his foot, a smile playing on his muck covered face "I can pick up the little one if you need the help, got the time to spare" he shrugged as he rubbed his lower mouth area with his hand. 

Y/N glanced up "that would be mighty kind of y'all, thank you Whitey"  

"Ain't no trouble at all Y/N, if I may call you by first names" Whitey said as he once again glanced around the place before standing up, if he needed to collect Bet then he better get going. 

Y/N hesitated, he was doing something for her so she ought to do somethin' in return. It aint proper otherwise.

"Before you head off, take a treat.. on the house" Y/N spoke as she pointed to one of the trays on the counter next to her. 

Whitey, just finishing putting his pistols back on smiled. Taking her up on the offer. Whitey moved over, picking up one of the tarts. Taking a bite, he let out a sound of enjoyment. 

"Miss S/N, you sure do make the best edible goods in the whole of La Belle" He said before throwing his hat back on his head, nodding to her before he headed out of the house.

Y/N smiled to herself and got back on with her work. 

40 odd minutes gone by 

Y/N had just taken the newest batch of goodies out of the oven, allowing it too cool in the darkest area of the room away from the deadly sun. She made her way to the back stores and took out a role of wrapping. Carrying it over her shoulder to the table where she placed it down, cutting wrappings wide enough to cover the goodies which she had to get on a cart for the next morning. Y/N placed her delivery box onto the table, checking that it was empty and suitable to carry the large order.

Bet and Whitey soon walked into the house, Bet walking in and smiling.. always being a quiet girl. Y/N stopped what she was doing and went over to her 

"Bet, you been good for mr Winn?" Y/N asked, a motherly like tone lacing her words. Bet hardly knew her Mama and Y/N didnt want her to miss out so she took it upon herself to do just that. 

Bet nodded and smiled back to the Deputy before skippin down off to her room in the room next. Y/N smiled over to Whitey who watched as the young'un ran off. 

"I really appreciate all that y'all have done for me today" Y/N spoke as she tucked a piece of loose hair behind her ear. It had been a long day and her hair was falling out all over the shot of its simple ponytail. 

"It's quite alright madam" He tipped his hat and smiled in his direction "Dont suppose, that in return for such a favor... you wouldnt mind accompanying myself and my horse on a morning ride tomorrow" Whitey asked as he removed his hat and ruffled his messy hair. 

Y/N thought about it for a moment or two, could she be excuse for a couple hours to go ridin' off with the deputy.. she had the orders to get going. 

Y/N live a little darl...

Y/N nodded "now that would be mighty fine Whitey" She said as she looked to him, a smile plastered over her flour covered face "Only... if y'all wash yourself, with that smell around y'all you going to be attracting animals thinking you a dead horse or somin'" Y/N added on the last bit as she placed her hand on her hip.

Whitey smiled and laughed at her comment. The boy-deputy took hold of the ladies hand, staying all traditional and all. Kissing the back of her hand lightly and throwing his hat back on his mucky head.

"Till then Miss S/N" Whitey spoke before wondering out of the bakery. 

For once Y/N S/N had something to look forward to, that werent to do with bread and all. 

To be continued..