TBS Short Request 3 (GABIIII_08)

(Song Inspiration: https://open.spotify.com/track/0xCA70t1ZA4fa9UOE0lIJm)

Ever since the disease slowly but surely started to take over to Irish lad Donald had began to care less and less for his life with every waking day. School was pointless, love was unexpected all that he was sure about was what he drew was what he wanted to be real... and what was coming was something he couldnt change.

Death. 

Making his way back from a care free day at school he walked along one of the over path bridges above the motorway. He found it fascinating to wonder by and think about how many different lives and stories drove past every second... but most of all his mind wondered to the fact that each and every driver... passenger... daughter... father... anyone... whoever went under this bridge was slowly but surely running out of time. 

His music blaring into his ears and encircling his mind caused him to loose himself to his thoughts once more, getting home on time was no longer a priority. 

Donald thought for a moment, what is it like.. to walk upon a tightrope. Death creeping at you from every corner. One wrong step and that was the end of you. 

So Donald wanted to try it. Hoisting himself up Donald balanced himself on the thin gating which remained at the sides of the over path. His eyes focusing ahead of him and down to his feet. Arms outstretched as if he was a bird soaring through the world. 

His music way to loud to hear the cars below.. but not to loud to ignore the now loud ringing car horn. Donald looked over towards where the sound came from. Removing his earbuds he saw her. 

Y/N stood on the side of the road, next to what seemed to be her family car. Parents sat inside holding their ears as Y/N had forced her hand down on the car horn.. hoping it would get his attention. 

Donald got down fro the edge. Looking confused as he walked back the way he came and to the slope next to the over path, side stepping down it in order to get to the side of the motorway. 

Donald knew Y/N ever since they were young. Always being concerned about the right people who deserved it. But that was it.. she cared too much. Cared more for Donald than he ever would for himself. Walking over to her he was going to question her but she beat him to it. 

Storming over from the car which had pulled over to the side of the motorway in a lay-bye. 

"Don what in gods name do you think you're doin?" She asked, her voice filled with fear and concern. 

Donald paused for a moment, how could she care so much. He took in a deep breath before he answered.

"I wasnt goin to jump if thats what yer' thinkin" He spoke as he moved his hands to the strap of his bag.

Y/N seemed to want to comfort him.. but why. He wasnt emotional about all of this. He was ready if anything.. death was coming to him and he couldnt help it. He wasnt going to win..

She couldnt help herself. Moving forward, Y/N had to slightly jump to reach his neck but she wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. 

She wasnt comforting him.. she was comforting herself.

Donald instantly realized how worried she was.. physically shaking, he could feel it as she held him. His eyes were wide in concern. Y/N was worried.. worried that he was going to die. It shocked Don more than anything before. He hesitantly moved his arms to hold her. 

Trying to find words to comfort her

"Hey Y/N its alrigh' im fine" He spoke in a hushed tone. 

Y/N had her head resting on his shoulder, slightly able to hear the overly loud music which was playing from the males headphones which dangled over the top of his jumper.

Taking in a shuddering breath Y/N spoke again. 

"Never do that to me... please." Was all she said. 

Donald hold his breath.

'dont do that to me'

His death... would affect her... 

She spent so long trying to get to know him yet he was too busy with his head in his notepad.. maybe now..

he had a reason to live a little longer.