Promises Kept

Characters :

Riha : A 25 years old doctor based in Mumbai. Unmarried. 

Raajiv : A 27 years old doctor based in Mumbai. Unmarried. 

+++++++++++++++++

" Bye ma, bye Rukku...bye baba! " 

Riha jumped off the fences almost to get into the car. She was already late for the classes and Dr. Shetty wouldn't spare her again today. Why the f**k why the f**k couldn't she ever be on time! Anyways, she pacified herself. Today's Sunday and only Dr.Shetty could be crooked enough to arrange for classes early morning. She just hated that man. Riha gulped a huge piece of Vada into her mouth. " Bhaiyaa, fast. Do you want me to be hanged? " , her driver couldn't help smiling as he speeded up. 

Riha hated AC cars. She never switched that on when travelling alone. She slided the window down. Aahh!! Cool breeze. It had been raining and that's the reason of this pleasing weather. 

Riha missed Jerk on these days. Jerk was her golden retriever. And he had been to her grandma's place for a change. Jerk loved rains. So did Riha. Like hell. 

Riha though loved everything about her life. She had got the best maa baba in world, the bestest brother Rukku, thr cutest dog Jerk, and the sweetest home. 

And she loved being a doctor. She honestly felt blessed enough to serve mankind. In its true sense. 

Though at times she ended up landing herself in trouble being a bit over the top. Like last week she decided to celebrate her birthday by handing over cakes and chocolates to all the outdoor patients. The out patients mostly belonged to the lower middle class and they seemed extremely happy being treated so dearly by their doctor ma'am. But many of her colleagues didn't take the matter quite too sportingly. The news spread like wildfire that Riha Menon was trying a bit too hard to impress seniors by doing drastic things. 

Riha's out of the way things had always been pampered by their HOD Dr. Ghai. And that was the reason she maybe was envied. She just brushed off the taunts but things went really downhill this time. Dr Ghai asked her not to repeat such stuffs. Well well well... she would obviously repeat. It's her life and if she could feed a box full of Biriyani to road children, she could obviously repeat. She wasn't afraid of anyone in doing something that felt great. 

A smile lit her up as the rainy breeze hit her face. 

Riha was the most beautiful of their second year medicine post graduation trainee batch. And had a golden heart. Obviously a material to envy, and distantly admire at the same time. 

She had definitely been affecting people since she was born maybe. So much so that they wanted to spend lives with her. But what mattered was Riha Menon had not found the right kind of guy in her twenty five years of life. And she would wait. .

Not many were as patient as her though. Just like the one who was calling her right now. 

" Hello!"

" Hello Riha! Shall I pick you up? "

" What? I thought I was late! "

" Dude why don't you check your whatsapp? The class's been postponed to 12." 

" Ohh damn!! I ain't late then! " 

" Come on Riha. You would reach early. I said I would pick you up!" 

" Hahahahaha so do you want me to return back home and wait for you? I'm on my way bro! " 

" Cool. You didn't even bother to call me! "