Bonus 2 : O Saathi... Tere Bina....

" Vivaan.... Vivaan listen to me, look at me, Vivaan.... "

This was going to be difficult. Riha knew.

Vivaan stood at the balcony, the frivolous downpour outside drenching both him and Riha.

All he said in a deep choking voice was, " Go inside Riha, you will catch cold. "

•••

Three years of a married life, and Vivaan had kept Riha like a soft flower on a quilt. If by chance she sneezed twice, Vivaan would run to bring the best antibiotics in town. And if she held her stomach, making a grumpy face, Vivaan would stop eat-outs for a month, and pack a huge tiffin box of home made hygienic lunch for Riha, to the hospital.

" Vivaan, stop being my dad!! " , Riha would laugh. And the next moment, Vivaan's serene face with a shade of sadness would bring tears to her eyes. She would immediately wrap her arms round his neck and place her head on his chest.
And softly whisper,
" But if this gives you peace, I'm ready to take as many medicines you want me to. And have Khichdi for how many months you want me to. "

The shade of sadness would disappear from his face, and a smile would cross.
" Remember, a doctor's doctor is her mother, and then her husband. Be good now. "

Riha could climb the highest towers on earth just to have a glimpse of this smile.

" Alright dear husband. This patient material is all yours. "

Riha had realised in all this time, Vivaan was the only thing she had ever wanted in life!
Her prized possession.

She could be the proudest, having him and called hers.

She realised, in a gathering, at a meet, if she could somehow take Vivaan along, convincing him after paying various prices, Riha would only remain keen on introducing him to everyone around.

" This is Vivaan, my husband!!! "

The exaggeration on 'husband' did not surprise her, she rather noticed it herself and repeated on purpose.

Though at times it embarrassed her ever withdrawn husband.

" Why are you so keen on introducing me to strangers as though I'm some celebrated personality? "

" Since when did Vivaan start having problems with strangers? Remember the lecture you gave me on how beautiful strangers are? " , Riha would wink, changing the topic playfully.

" That's not the point. The point is, I never introduced myself as though I'm some sort of a biggie. You do exactly that! "

" Aww how do I forget. Leave alone a biggie, you never even introduced yourself. " , Riha drifted off to their first meet with a sheepish smile on face.

After sometime, Vivaan would slowly say,
" Riha. Don't take me to these parties much. I don't like when I see you drinking. And if I talk that way, you'll find me possessive and interfering. But the actual thing is..... "

Vivaan would change sides on the bed away from her and switch off the bed lamp. And stay that way.

Engulfed in darkness, Riha would sit carressing his hair.

" Vivaan and interfering?
Mr Husband, if only you knew, I know you better than you yourself do.
Fine, if you really detest, I won't insist you again. Actually I'm quite snobbish selfish, and childish that way, as if trying to display my...my...most cherished gift to the world......

I promise you Vivaan, I won't drink, ever again. Not because I believe you are interfering. But because you are insecure, because you think alcohol kills.... "