Don't Cry, Don't Love

The last few days had been really strange. 

" Didi, there's some issue with the wirings in your brain. " , Rukku said every now and then. And Riha only glared but said nothing. 

There was an issue. And the issue was, Raajiv had suddenly gone for a vacation. Riha came to know that later when she herself called him up after his two days of disappearance. 

" ohh...yeah I'll return by Monday. " 

Riha wasn't necessarily anxious about his absence. But she was anxious upon a completely different reason. And she herself got hell irritated at times because of her unexplained anxiety.

Today's Monday, and Riha and Raajiv were sitting in the canteen for the last fifteen minutes, talking shit. Riha was relieved seeing that Raajiv was completely normal. 

" ohh come on! You're not the only beauty with brains in world right? " , he winked. 

They laughed. Raajiv made it very clear that it did momentarily hurt, a lot, but he was okay with it now. He almost knew that and now had accepted too. Riha loved his sporting nature. 

After some side talks, Riha very carefully brought up the main point, the reason of her anxiety. 

" listen... why is your friend Mr Vivaan, so strange? " 

Raajiv stared at her for a moment. And then did a facepalm gesture, uttering, "ohh no..." 

Riha kept staring with her brows squeezed. 

" haven't you still gotten over his weirdness? "

" he's not too weird actually. But he behaves strange, rude. Like he doesn't give a damn to the world. Attitude, is it?  But then, his eyes...say something else..." , Riha drifted apart. 

Raajiv sighed. Why dude, why? 

" listen Riha. I know I need to be careful because you may just think since you rejected me, I would talk rubbish about other men. But that's really not the case here..." 

Riha immediately hit his head with her palm.

"Ouuchh!!"

" Get to the point. I don't need prologues. And listen, I'm not interested in your friend as a bae.  But maybe only as a strange persona. So chill and speak."

" okay...so...

He's not your cup of tea. In fact no one's. Not even mine though I'm his school friend. He's bitter gourd juice. " 

Raajiv smirked. 

" ...fine. But someone isn't really born a bitter gourd. Something might have just made him so..." , Riha stared questioningly. 

" bitter gourds are born bitter gourds..." , Raajiv smiled. 

Riha suddenly drifted away again. " his eyes... 

If a person drenches in rain, drinks tea at 'tapdees', doesn't even snap at you for burning his hand...I don't think I can ever stamp him to be a born bitter gourd..."

" you met him again? "

Raajiv's jaw dropped. 

" accidentally. " 

A long silence prevailed. 

Raajiv usually was very careful in talking about his friends to others. And here, both Vivaan and Riha were not hisgeneral friends. He couldn't just avoid the situation. 

" Okay. I have a ward round scheduled in 5 minutes with HOD sir. So I'll brief you about my friend. "

" Vivaan used to be at the high schools with me, a shy soft boy who hardly talked much. He used to be the class topper in science stream and people would actually admire him. But since he stayed apart mostly, he was stamped as a snob too.