o n e

Eli

I hear tired grunts from my best friend as she tries to pull my body up the mountain of jagged rectangles.

She is really going to wake up the neighbors if she doesn't shut up.

"What happened?" I hear her boyfriend ask,

"I'm handling my drunk ass best friend." Christina forced out, I felt her hands shook from the exhaustion.

I wish I could help her but I just couldn't. My legs felt tingly and numb, My mind just couldn't think straight and whenever I tried to speak all that came out was slurs. 

"She's only 16, I didn't raise my best friend to be an alcoholic." Christina she snapped, looking at me, I could hear the entire conversation she was having, I could hear the worry and annoyance in her voice.

"Why did I even convince her to make a fake ID." Christina mumbles under her breath, she reeked of alcohol, but it wasn't hers. 

I felt guilty but then again, I couldn't do anything at this current moment in this state.

"She went drinking?" I hear a faint voice ask through my friend's phone.

Shut the fuck up hallucinations.

"But she's 16?" I hear them ask again.

I tried to block that sound out of my brain.

This isn't real.

He isn't real.

Both of you never were.

"I'd say fuck you but I'm too nice, thanks for caring. I never really gotten enough of those before." I say as loudly and understandable as I could through the phone, my odd speaking was not helping anybody but I still could defend myself and help myself.

"Eli, please shut up." Christina demands, as we got to the last step, she wastes no time dropping me on the floor along with her.

My body was sprawled all over the beige carpet.

And I started giggling, "Hey, tell that guy on the phone that he should shut the fuck up before he could break more things than just my eardrums."

I was joking on the eardrums part, Corbyn sang really good. But I only heard a single solo song from him but that was enough for him to be classified as 1. Christina was lucky to have someone like him.

But I wasn't talking about Corbyn, I was talking about him.

"She's really tipsy and saying things she probably doesn't mean." Christina says from beside me, sitting up.

"Give her water and just let her sleep." Corbyn instructs, For two seconds, I thought I had mind powers and my hearing was heightened, I could prove a scientific myth. I was wrong, Christina just put her phone into speaker.

"On the floor?" Christina asks, biting her nail.

"I could be a better best friend that you." Corbyn jokes, to which Christina scoffs and made a comeback.

"You know guys..." I mumble, "I'd listen to your typical couple conversations I hear every night, oh and by the way Corbyn your pick-up line was shit- anyways, I am in desperate need of new clothes and sleep."

Sigh, long distance relationships.

Thankfully, they listened. "I'll see you at Friday." Corbyn reminds, I quirk a single brow.

"Friday?" I slur, "But you're like, in Canada right now." I ask again, my eyelids droop and I tried to stay awake.

"He and the band are going here." Christina informs, a smile on her face.

"Oh and by the way Eli, Do you-"

I shut my eyes.

I slept on the floor that night.

———

Eli is pronounced as "Eee-Lie" Like how Ellen pronounces her name on a Netflix series called "To The Bone". If you're still not sure about the pronunciation, just search it up.