e l e v e n

Eli

I stare into my white ceiling, laying on my white duvet on my bed with nothing on my mind but the events that have happened yesterday .

I slap Nathan on his back after the bad joke he has just made, but was still laughing my eyes out with him.

"Hey, what was that for?" He pouted cutely at me.

"Y-" before I could finish my own sentence someone grabs me by the hand and before I knew it, I was already getting dragged out of the park with a confused Nathan looking at me.

"Text me." He mouths and I nod my head.

Without looking, I already knew the two boys who were dragging me by the hand.

"What's wrong with you guys?" I complain, pulling my hands out of their grip.

"Can't I just have my own life." I grumble to myself.

"Look, Eli, We're just trying to protect you." Jack tells me with a motherly tone.

"I can handle myself.  God I'm not stupid high school kid anymor-" I shut my mouth before I could release anything else.

"Highschool?  We didn't even go to highschool together.." He says, confused.

"Nevermind..."

"Stupid.  Stupid.  Stupid." I chant to myself, slapping my forehead.

I almost told him who I was...

A brunette head popped in my room, interrupting the private conversation I had with my thoughts.

"Hey, Eli.  Corbyn's asking if you wanted to come with us to Chipotle for lunch" Christina asks me as she sat at the edge of my bed.

"Is he paying?" I ask.

She narrows my eyes at me but then says, "Fine."

I give a short chuckle as I watch her leave my room.

"Those two really like you, hm?" She smirks at me, wriggling her eyebrows.

I give a scoff.  "As if."

"He won't know, Eli." She reassures me, noticing my current mood.

"He would've." I say, disappointed in myself.

"So what if he did?"

"Then he'd know it's me." I reply.

"And....?"

She has a point, but then I'd have to face everything I had with him all over again.

"I don't know..." My voice came out as a whisper, but Christina still caught it.

"I'm sure he still misses you..."

"He doesn't even remember what I look like, Christina!  He just forgot me..." The pain in my voice was evident, my heart felt weak at the thought of it.

"The only thing that looks different with me is this wig." ,I point to it.

Christina just sighs and leaves me in my room, alone with my thoughts.

I bring all my weight rhat was spread out to my feet and bring myself to my closet, picking out some jeans and a random band shirt.

I strip out of my house shorts and tank top and into the clothes I have just got.

I spritz some perfume on then tie my hair into a ponytail, not caring of how I look today.

I grab my phone, earphones and my wallet and head downstairs to see the boys already there, waiting.

"I'm only paying for your food since you wouldn't of come if I didn't" Corbyn grumbles to me with narrowed eyes

I gave a short laugh, "Then why did you invite me?" I ask.

"Because Zach wanted y-  OWIE!" Before he could finish, Zach cuts him off with a slap on his head.

"Ok, ok, kids.  Let's go before anything else starts." Daniel says, gesturing everyone outside.

"Yes mom!" Corbyn jokingly groans.

"Hush hush." Daniel hushed them, leading all of us to the van.