f o u r

Eli

So he really did forget me.

Couldn't even recognize the face he had grown up to for fourteen years under a pile of cherry blonde hair.

I don't know if I should be sad about it, or happy.

The first thing I noticed was his hair, it was now curly rather than his old straight hair. It looked like mine.

He looked at me like I was a complete
stranger. I tried searching for something in those eyes of his, but there was nothing.

Nothing that reminded him of 'Ari'.

Of us.

Masking myself, I smile. "I'm Eli." I took my hand out for him to shake.

One of his eyebrows quirk up, as if remembering something familiar, please don't remember- but he shrugged it off like it was dirt and took my hand.

"Jack Avery."

I know.

When I took my hand back, it tingled, I clamped it into a fist to stop the tingling sensation and with one more smile at him, I turned back around.

I felt lost, I felt dizzy, I don't want to be here anymore.

But four more guys walked up to me, one I noticed was Corbyn, I went to hug him first, I didn't wanna shake his hand like what I did with Jack. He was considered a good friend of mine, despite my continuous offensive remarks I make about him on the phone, we were good.

"Still drunk?" He asked jokingly, I roll my eyes.

"Really? First time in a year that I've met you again those were the the first words you tell me?"

"Yes, obviously, You're sixteen and went to the club." He reasoned, I raised an eyebrow.

"Your point?" I crossed my arms, trying to hide the real reason I was at the club.

"That your underaged and got invited to a bar!" He exclaimed, he was about to open his mouth again but before he could speak, someone cut him off.

The guy, I guessed was part of the band, turned me around and put his hands on my shoulders, which startled me a bit. "I'm Daniel." He greets, saving me from another lecture that was about to happen.

"Please don't mind Corbyn, he's just excited to meet his girlfriend." He rushed with a slight crack in his voice.

Without doing anything, I just nodded my head.

A tall guy that resembled Brandon Flynn walked up to me casually, "I'm Jonah." We shook hands and I just stood there like an awkward seal with a smile.

Turning to the guy next to him, He had been quiet throughout this. He was taller than me by a few inches and looked the same age as me. He looked dazed and uncomfortable, to make him even more uncomfortable, I walk towards the guy and open my arms to give him a big bear hug just to annoy him. I smile innocently.

But to my surprise, he came to me first and wrapped his arms around my waist tightly, like he was securing me from all harm.

I widened my eyes, I didn't expect for him to do that. I got goosebumps as he randomly buried his face in the crook of my neck.

I see what you're doing.

Technically, he had the same idea as I did.

"I'm Zach." He whispered into my ear, chills ran down my spine, his voice sounded heavenly.

"Uh... I'm Eli, or Elise. Whatever you want to name me by." I chuckle awkwardly, He released me, but not fully, he faced inches close to my mine but not going further. His arms were on the sides of my waist and it made me uncomfortable but secure the whole time. He grinned, backing away with his arms on the side. "Eli," he clicked his tongue, like he was testing my name on his lips. "Sound great."

What just happened?

Suddenly, I forgot everyone was still here, I awkwardly turned back around to find Christina and Corbyn talking, I could see Christina glancing at me every now and then, Daniel was juggling and Jonah was on his phone. While Jack, witnessed the whole scene unravel.

When he noticed me looking at him, he turned around, avoiding me again.

Like what you always did.