SOCIAL DIMENSIONS OF EDUCATION

1. Teacher Abi asks one of her students, "What do you want to become when you grow up?" This question is an indication of what kind of philosophy?

A. Progressivism C. Existentialism
B. Naturalism D. Idealism

RATIONALIZATION: D-idealism because it stresses the existence of ideas independent from the material world. Ideas that which exist in the mind are the only reality.

2. Teacher Jessy has not only explained the concept of Philosophy of Education but also imparted this to her students. This demonstrates what kind of philosophy?

A. Naturalism C. Realism
B. Idealism D. Perennialism

RATIONALIZATION: C-realism concerns with what is real, actual. For ideas to be realized, they must be transferred or demonstrated.

3. Which pillar of learning aimed in the acquisition of the instrument of understanding in order to develop the students' learn-to-learn skills?

A. Learning to do C. learning to live together
B. Learning to know D. learning to be

RATIONALIZATION: B- learning to know implies learning how to earn by developing one's concentration, memory skills and ability to think, acquiring the instrument of understanding.

4. In his class, Teacher Jakob always presents principles and values so as to encourage his students to examine them and decide for themselves whether to accept them or not. What kind of philosophy does he practice?

A. Idealism C. Humanism
B. Essentialism D. Existentialism

RATIONALIZATION: D-Existentialism is a philosophy that emphasizes subjectivity, freedom and responsibility.

5. When a teacher emphasizes that man's sense should be trusted because they are the only way to acquire knowledge, the teacher can be regarded as____.

A. Naturalist C. Empiricist
B. Realist D. Pragmatist

RATIONALIZATION: C-empiricism upholds that the only source of knowledge is the senses and sense-based experience