23 ≫ HIS WEIRD QUIRKS

HIS WEIRD QUIRKS
warning: this one is lOng

SHERLOCK
The first time you discovered it was by accident. It was a Saturday, and you'd been peacefully sleeping when suddenly a loud crash and frustrated yell from the kitchen woke you up.

You sat up in bed and stared at the door for a second, wondering if maybe you'd just imagined the sounds. You were about to lay back down when the door slowly creaked open, a curly haired head peeking through.

"Oh, you're awake," Sherlock blushed lightly and stepped into the room. This was not normal. Embarrassed Sherlock was not normal.

You narrowed your eyes at him and smirked. "What did you do?"

"I... um..." Your boyfriend coughed and scratched the back of his neck sheepishly. "I was dancing... and kind of knocked over a bunch of teacups by accident. One of them was your mum's, but please don't kill me because I haven't had the chance to infiltrate Area 51 yet, and I need to convince Mycroft that he's not smarter than me just because he was born first and-"

"Dancing?" you interrupted, still trying to wrap your mind around the idea of Sherlock twirling through your flat. You hadn't had the chance to even acknowledge your broken cups yet.

"Yes," Sherlock chuckled, letting out a breath and sitting next to you on the bed. "It helps me relax."

Sherlock danced to clear his mind. Why hadn't he ever told her this before? It was adorable! You giggled and leaned forward, kissing him hard on the mouth. He pulled away immediately in shock.

"What are you doing?" he sputtered. "I just broke your mum's teacup! You're supposed to be mad at me now!"

You rolled your eyes and bit your lip, trying to cover the huge grin that was creeping onto your face. You grabbed his shirt and pulled him closer roughly, making him blush again. "Sherlock Holmes," you sighed, staring into his wide eyes lovingly," you are just too precious for this world."

JOHN
John is a fluffy human teddy bear. You try telling him this all the time, but it just annoys him. Deep down, you're pretty sure he likes it though.

"Jawwwwwn," you whined one day, plopping down on his lap lazily. You stuck out your bottom lip at him in a pout. "I'm bored."

John smiled and rolled his eyes. "You're always bored," he laughed. "What do you want me to do about it?"

"Tell me a secret," you answered quickly. You'd been waiting for the perfect moment to ask him this for a while, and now was as good a time as any.

"You know everything about me," John argued, reaching forward and playing with a piece of your hair.

"Not everything," you said. "Everyone has secrets."

John sighed and stared up at the ceiling. "If I tell you this, you can't call me a fluffy teddy bear for it," he said, looking back at you and raising an eyebrow.

You squealed with excitement. "I promise!" You'd do anything to hear a secret.

John let out a breath and closed his eyes. "I'm going to regret this," he muttered to himself. "Okay. I really like baking whenever you're out with friends. That's where all our scones come from. Every time you ask, I tell you they're from the store, but actually... they're not," he said, wincing and opening his eyes a little bit to see your reaction.