The Goblet of Annoying-ness

Misaki POV:

We silently made our way through the trees as a group slowly blending into the shadows with our dark colored cloaks. Even though each one was a different color the shade of it was dark enough to be mistaken as black in the night with no light. Looking to my left I say Harry had pulled his dark green hood over his head so it shadowed his face hiding any emotion from sight. Sighing softly I tugged the dark purple hood further over my head before looking around me. Many of the other students had their hoods down letting the wind throw their hair around while the others had their hoods up without it shadowing their faces and the rest had shadowed faces like Harry. Sweeping my eyes across the school grounds movement from one of the castle's many towers caught my attention and in one fluid motion I turned to face the window without letting my cloak make much movement let alone a swishing sound. Squinting my eyes I allowed my mind to connect with my familiar, Nightfeather, a dark grey hawk that was flying around, and used his eyes to see who was watching us.

Every witch/wizard in this story has two animal familiars that are connected to them in away that the animals are basically an extension to the person they're bonded to. Each bond allows the witch/wizard to be able to look through the eyes of their familiars to help seek out trouble before running into trouble itself. Now class is over you're dismissed to continue reading and don't fake a groan I know you want to keep reading so don't make me assign you all homework. ^^

Harry POV:

Even though Mimi made no sound as she turned to face the castle behind us I knew she had done so anyway. Following her gaze I allowed my mind to connect to Hedwig as she perched on a branch above me. By using her eyes I spotted Hermione, Lee, Neville, Fred, George, and my brother watching us. Blinking my eyes to break the connection I tuned back to the dark trees and slipped into the shadows right after Mimi. 'It doesn't matter that they saw us,' I thought as we made our way deeper into the woods, 'after all I just know they're going to keep this from everyone else,' I paused a bit, 'actually I think they'd tell Zabini and Malfoy about it but that's it.'

"Did you see them?" Mimi muttered softly.

"The gang?" I asked then answered, "yeah they were watching us."

"No I meant in the other windows the ones slightly above them."

"Weasel?" I looked at her. She replied with a simple "mhm" and sped up her walking a bit to catch up to the Headmistress and I followed her lead.

"We need to find or at least locate and contain this beast tonight we were spotted by some students who cannot be trusted," this caused mutters of confusion to arise from our classmates, "no they are not the ones who sat with us at dinner," the whispers died down immediately, "these students aren't to be trusted so lie about being outside of the ship at night. I already have Sophia and her twin setup some smoke figures with telescopes around the ship making it look like we're stargazing so no questions will be asked if we return to the ship late in the night. Now let's find that Sphinx." With that we all dispersed into the trees with our familiars aiding us around by their eyes.

Hedwig and I headed deeper into the forest with 5 others while Mimi along with a group of 5 of the best swimmers went in the direction towards the lake and the rest were in groups of 4-6 students each moving silently through the trees.

3rd POV:

As the students went their ways the Headmistress and the top 2 students of the school stood still listening to the sounds of the forest which included the trees whispering to each other, creatures moving through the undergrowth, and quite a few nocturnal birds of prey flying in between the tree branches. Then they heard it the soft but not so distant sound of hooves that were too calm to be the ones of a thestral especially when they tried to avoid students walking around.