1.Writing A Story Line

|Welcome|

Writing a story seems fairly easy to some but a huge load to others. Sometimes, the stories don't work because the concept behind it is off.  A story aims to project something but delivers the opposite. The reason of not being able to develop a concept successfully is- rush. You got the idea, loved it and just dived straight onto the first chapter. I've been there, done that. (I'm going to repeat this line quite a few times in this book. ;)  

But, I've discovered a tool for myself. 

Story Line.

This update focuses on How To Write A Story Line for your book.

Before you begin thinking about the book as a whole, you must keep certain things in mind. For eg: The Skeleton of the story.

Story Skeleton refers to the main idea on which your story is based. It may be an experience, a journey, an incident or even just a line. It is nothing but the whole story itself, paraphrased in fewer words. And what is a story?  An account of imaginary or real people and events told for entertainment. It's something happening to someone somewhere or has happened or might happen sometime soon.

There are different types of stories and in broad terms they can be classified as Long and Short. In this chapter, I'll be mentioning about Long Stories.

There are a few musts to writing a storyline. First is that you must do it in one sitting. Do not take a lot of time because you tend to get confused and it becomes difficult to choose among ideas. You have to basically write a plot, basic story on which you'll improvise later.

Writing The Story Skeleton

You need:

1. A Protagonist who will allure the readers.

2. A Character Sketch of your Protagonist.

3. A Problem

4. Solution to that problem

5. An Antagonist (If there is any)

6. A Setting for your story.

7. How everything would be put in place.

This is the basic Skeleton and can be used for any genre. There are various skeletons which are specific to certain genres and would be discussed in later updates.

Parts of a story skeleton

Remember!

You must plot out your story in three major parts:

1. The Beginning   2. The Middle.  3. The End .

This is the oldest and the most common method for outlining your story. This makes your work more organised. I recommend you start with this method, if you are writing your first book. 

This is after the story line has been created. You don't need to finish everything mentioned below in one sitting.

What Next?

Now you have to determine the following things:

1. Genre
2. Your Audience
3. POV format
4. Word Limit for you chapters
5. No. Of chapters

Research

Research is a very important part of your whole journey as an author. You need to research your character, the setting of your story and lot of other things.

For eg: I have a book which has Mexican characters, and they speak Spanish, so I have to look for the translations, traditions etc. Online.

(You might jot down certain points from here in your writing specific notepad)

Check out my Pinterest Board for more information on writing a storyline. (Link on my profile.)

Here's a little video: (this is not my content.)

[][][][]

Those of you who want a Story Skeleton worksheet, I'll put it in the next update. (1.1 Worksheet 1- The Story Skeleton.) Remember you must be a follower for availing these Worksheets.

If I have missed anything pertaining to this topic, please mention that here.

---------->

Please ask your doubts related to  this topic here.

--------->

https://pin.it/yo6jwza34vw5az How To Write So Readers Would Read.

Thank You

-Isha