5.1 Worksheet-3: Charting Secondary Characters

|WELCOME|

Hello, guys. Here's another worksheet for you. Unfortunately Wattpad doesn't give any way to upload PDFs, so I can only put up .png images for you. You can download them on your device and take a print. I'm still looking for ways to give you online fillable worksheets, as soon as I find one, I re-update the page.

For now, you can use the link on my profile to get access to these in case you're unable to get them from here. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vaZbIZYqfLmimXFSvgPHbUDdoGDtqUpf?usp=sharing

(Available on my profile as well. )

Page 1

Here's a breakdown of Page 1:

1. You'll start with the name, age, and gender of your secondary character. You'll also mention the relationship they have with the protagonist.

2. History with the protagonist: This would include how they became friends/enemies, you can also include some important memories that you might want to add in your book. 

3. Unique Traits: You need to make sure that your secondary character looks distinct so he/she needs to be different from your protagonist. Like I mentioned in the last update, you can give them special quirks, obsessions or maybe certain ways of behaving. For eg: In the sitcom F.R.I.E.N.D.S, Chandler is a very sarcastic character. This separates him from the rest of the cast.

4. Important Dates: These could be your secondary characters' birthday or anything important that defines them.

5. Location: would include the setting of this character. Just like I mentioned the previous update, the secondary character cannot be everywhere because that doesn't seem realistic so you must give your character a setting or a location where she might interact with the protagonist

6. Story of the Character: After your protagonists, secondary characters are the most important. It is necessary to give them a background. So, come up with a story for your character. 

Page 2

Here's the break down of Page 2:

1. Likes and Dislikes of the character: Since, you need to make sure that your supporting character seems as real as your protagonist, you need to introduce humane qualities in them. These likes and dislikes would be worth mentioning in your story and would help distinguish your supporting character from your main character. 

2. Physical Description: I've already written about this in the previous update. You need to give a physical description of the your supporting character and not to detailed. 

3. Cultural Influence: A supporting character also acts like an audience for your protagonist, if you go that deep into writing (XD). So, the cultural background, even though would be tad bit too detailed can help you gain insight into your supporting character. Culture is believed to lay foundations to an individual's values and makes him distinct from other individual's who follow different cultures. (If your story demands it, only then include it.)

4. How would they influence the protagonist: Supporting characters exist to support your main characters and that is exactly what they should do. Now, support here doesn't hold just one meaning. There can be a secondary character who supports the protagonist, helps him, and there can be a secondary character that supports the story. By that I mean, This character helps by carrying your story forward, ie: A villain. So, keep in my mind what influence your secondary character has on the protagonist. 

[][][][][][][][][]

Hello, beautiful people. I researched some more on secondary characters and made a worksheet for you. I hope it helps you to write better. I create worksheets because I feel that they'll help your creative juices to flow. Just jotting down points in a notebook or typing things on you keyboard can become monotonous. So, I work on bringing worksheets for all the topics that I publish here. 

Your doubts here------->

What other writer's woes do you want me to write about----->

Tell me what do you think of this book so far----->

Lots of love

Isha