Chapter 11

Midnight Desire - Chapter 11

When we arrived back at Chelsea's house, I assisted her from the car. I asked her to wait a moment while I rifled through the picnic bag to retrieve a few items. I presented her with the two white roses in the now dry vase. "Please, keep these unworthy blooms as a token of my affection," I joked pretentiously.

"Also, you may as well take the rest of the cookies too. We have about a million at our house, although Emmett will make short work of them. And last but not least, the chocolate. Knowing Alice, she probably flew to Belgium to buy it, so please take it and enjoy," I finished as I handed Chelsea the decorative bag. Chelsea accepted them from me, but didn't turn to leave.

I had parked in front of her house, even though the driveway was unoccupied. I was hoping the absence of her father's police cruiser wouldn't mean there would be no parental supervision for whatever plans Chelsea had for this evening. My brain had started functioning more normally by this time, so I managed to formulate what I thought was a discreet method of inquiry about the subject.

"I hope I haven't made you late for your engagement this evening," I said as we loitered, the tightness unfortunately obvious in my voice.

"What engagement?" Chelsea asked in confusion.

Now I was starting to feel confused and foolish as well. "Uh, sitting right next to you in Biology, I could hardly help but overhear you refuse Newton's invitation to the dance. Perhaps I was mistaken, but I thought you said you had plans for this evening."

Chelsea laughed. "Well, actually I do have plans." Shit. "My plan is not to go to the dance with Mike or anyone else. It was a little white lie to avoid hurting his feelings. School dances are not my idea of a good time."

Relief washed through me, leaving me almost weak for a moment. The monster collapsed to its knees. "So you're not engaged for the evening?"

"No. I'm sorry you were misled, but that's what you get for eavesdropping." Chelsea chuckled, clearly not angry with me. "Would you like to come inside?"

"Ah, sure. Why not?" I followed Chelsea to the entryway of her house and watched as she retrieved the key and unlocked it. The monster angled for admittance, rushing through in a most impolite manner as soon as the door opened.

We walked into the kitchen, passing the monster situated at the bottom of the staircase, whining and pointing upward. "Where's your dad?" I asked. My curiosity was not entirely idle.

"He's fishing—again." Chelsea sighed deeply. "God, I'm tired of eating fish. But it's his favorite thing in the whole world. He usually doesn't come back until darkness forces him to," she added, looking at me out of the corner of her eye.

Was she trying to tell me that we had a couple of hours to be alone here? My dick obviously thought so. The monster was now bouncing up and down from its position by the stairs, still pointing meaningfully.

"Are you hungry?" Chelsea asked suddenly. "It seems like we were eating for hours, but I'm not sure either of us did more than pick at the food, as delicious as it was."

Oh, I'm hungry all right... "Uh, no, thank you," I responded.

"Perhaps you'd like to see my room then?" Chelsea asked casually.

See your room? I'd like to fucking move in there...

"Um, sure," I replied, nervousness lacing my voice. The monster gleefully raced on ahead of us.

Chelsea put some water in the little vase, bringing it with her, and I followed her up the stairs, reveling in the front-row-center view of her swaying ass. I could feel myself starting to perspire, although paradoxically, my mouth had gone dry. I would soon see the place where I had experienced, er, fantasized the most incredible of our sexual encounters.