The Arranged Marriage (Prologue)

"Miss Montgomery, miss Stephanie Astoria is here to see you." My secretary, Mary informs me through the phone.

"Tell her to come in." I instruct. I stand up and flatten out any wrinkles on my white dress.

The fogged stain glass door opens revealing my red headed best friend.

"Aurora!" She calls out engulfing me into a tight hug.

I can't help but smile as I hug my friend back.

"Stephanie. How have you been?" I ask as we pull away.

She grins from ear to ear. "I got myself a boyfriend!" She squeals.

"What about David?" My eyebrows furrow in confusion.

Stephanie's smile drops causing me to regret asking about him.

"He was cheating on me this whole time." Stephanie cries out slumping onto one of the couches.

I walk over to her, my heels clicking as they hit the floor.

I take a seat next to her. "Want to talk about it?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"What's done is done." She answers.

She turns to me her smile returning.

"How's Quinn?" She asks with a teasing smile.

I could feel my cheeks reddening.

"He's great. He's actually working on his fifth movie." I inform.

"Wish I could become famous as him in a course of one night." Stephanie comments.

"He didn't become famous in one night." I defend.

"His dad basically paid the director to accept Quinn," Stephanie answers. "So, he did."

"His dad didn't pay the director. Quinn was just a good actor." I insist.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." Stephanie replies. "Have you asked him out yet?"

My eyes widen. "What? No!"

"C'mon Aurora," Stephanie states. "You are my friend. I know when you like a guy especially if you've liked him for the past nine years."

"No. I haven't asked him." I sigh in defeat.

"Aurora you have to man up and ask him. If not some girl is going to catch his attention and it will be to late." Stephanie advices.

"But what if he doesn't like me back and it ruins our friendship?" I protest.

"Well then that's his fault." She answers.

Stephanie checks her gold wrist watch and curses under her breath.

"I have a job interview to get to but I will talk to you later." She explains as we begin walking towards the exit.

"Alright. Bye." I reply giving her hug before she walks towards the elevator doors.

I walk back to my desk where my phone begins to ring.

"Hey mom." I greet answering the call.

"Aurora. Your father and I need you to come over for dinner tonight," She answers. "We have some important news to share."

"Okay. I'll be there around seven." I reply.

"See you then sweetie." She states before ending the call.

I look around at the various designs scattered on my desk.

Deciding I had done enough work for the day I clean my workspace, grab my black Chanel leather bag and head out the door.