Chapter XVI

I walk down the stairs holding the white silk in my dress so I would not trip on it.

"We are going to be late," Kenneth mutters as I reach the last step.

"The event is being held only twenty minutes away from here," I state. "We'll get there on time." I assure.

Kenneth and I head out of the mansion and enter the limousine. Kenneth typed away on his screen and ran a hand over his temples.

"What is it now?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"My father wants me to take on another project," Kenneth states. "But it's alright, as long as I prove him wrong, and he can finally see I am a good CEO, I'll be fine."

I turn to him with a frown. "You shouldn't be stressing out, it's not good."

"I'm alright," He answers but I was not convinced.

*          *          *

"It's Kenneth and Aurora!" The paparazzi calls out as we step out of the limousine.

Kenneth places his hand on my lower back and we smile as we walk down the red carpet. We pose for pictures, pictures that would surely be all over the media tomorrow morning.

"Aurora who designed your dress?" A reporter asks.

"Anne Zamora," I answer with a smile.

People called out our names behind the flashing cameras. We turn to each one posing differently for each picture.

"One more to go," Kenneth sighs in relief once we were at the end of the red carpet. "How about we give them a memorable picture?" Kenneth asks with a smirk. His lips lock with mine, taking me by surprise, but I recover quickly and kiss him back without thinking.

We could hear the screams from the fan sections and cameras began to flash.

"You don't kiss as bad as I thought you would," Kenneth jokes causing me to playfully slap his arm.

My eyes look up and are met with Quinn's raging scowl. He turns on his heel and marches towards the exit. I hurriedly follow after him.

"Quinn!" I call out but he continues walking. "Quinn wait up."

I was about to trip on one of the wires but am caught in a pair of strong arms. "Are you okay?" Kenneth asks, I had only now realized he was right behind me.

I nod and turn to look at the direction Quinn had run in. "We can't let him leave," I state. "He's nominated for an award."

Kenneth nods and we begin to follow after Quinn. "Quinn!" I call out again and he stops.

"What do you want?" He spat out.

"Why are you leaving?" I question. "You are nominated for an award."

"Why do you care?" He asks bitterly. "I mean, you chose to with him to the awards, you were just making out with him, so why care what I do?"

"She came with me because I am her husband." Kenneth snaps. "I am, not you."

Quinn smirks. "Yes, you are her husband, but she doesn't deserve you, I mean you hate her." He answers.

Kenneth's jaw clenches. "Go inside, I will meet you in there." I tell Kenneth and he nods.

"Go to your husband." Quinn barks but I don't budge.

"Quinn, I love you, and I hate seeing you like this." I state with a frown.

"If you had loved me you would've been my date." Quinn replies.

"Quinn you know I co-"

"If you had love me, you wouldn't have married my brother." He spits out.