Chapter XXII

I stand up from my bed and walk over to my walk in closet. I take out a white dress and nude pumps. I walk into the bathroom and take a quick shower. I let the warm water relax my muscles.

"Jessie! Jessie! Jessie!"

I groan in pain as a sharp pain curses on the side of my forehead. I turn on the tap and step out of the shower wrapping a cotton towel around my body. I dry myself and put some lotion on before putting on the white dress and sliding on the nude pumps. I blow dry my hair and throughly brush it before walking out of the bathroom.

I scroll through my contacts and stop until I find Mary's name. "Good morning misses Hathaway," she greets.

"Mary, I would like for you to welcome the Grayson Corporation executives and take them to the eleventh floor meeting room," I instruct. "The representatives from the GRACE charity will also be arriving, take them to the meeting room as well."

"Alright misses Hathaway, I will have some caterers bring in food for them." Mary replies and I nod.

"Great, I will be at the office in about twenty minutes." I state. "See you soon." With that I end the call and walk downstairs.

"Good morning misses Hathaway," Geraldo Jr. greets and I hand him a smile. "Would you like some breakfast?" He asks.

I shake my head. "No thank you, but can you prepare some painkillers and water for my husband?" I ask and he nods.

I grab my bag and head out the door. I head towards the garage and look at the selection of cars. I decided on the black BMW X6. I grab the car keys from the key rack and walk towards the car. I step in and drive towards the garage gates that open with the button on the key chain. My phone begins to ring and I put it on speaker.

"What do you need Quinn?" I ask, my attention still on the road.

"Can we talk?" He asks and I let out a sigh.

Shaking my head I answer, "I have a lot of stuff to do."

"Let me guess, you have to go somewhere with your husband." He mutters and I roll my eyes.

"No," I state. "The representatives of the GRACE charity are stopping by the office, and so are the executives of Grayson Corporations."

"Weren't they supposed to come two days before the annual Elusive Christmas charity auction?" Quinn asks.

"Yes, the auction is this Saturday night," I answer.

Christmas Eve wasn't until another two weeks but many people travelled so we hold the Christmas auction on the fourth of December. It was a collaboration with Grayson Corporations a wine producing company. They owned over ten wine farms and their name was known all over the world. The money earned from the auction would go to GRACE charity, a charity for cancer.

"Well, can we talk tomorrow?" Quinn insists.

"I am going to be busy these next two days," I reply. "If you want to talk we can talk later."

Quinn sighs in defeat. "Fine," He answers before hanging up.

I pull up at Elusive Industries and park my car in my reserved parking spot. I turn the car off and head into the building.

"Good morning," Amanda greets and I hand her a smile and wave. I enter the private elevator and stop at the eleventh floor.

I walk down the quiet corridors and stop outside the double doors that had a meeting room sign on them. I walk in and everyone turns to me.