Chapter XV

"Good morning misses Zamora," I greet as misses Zamora approaches me.

She gives me a warm hug. "It's nice to see you again Aurora." She replies with a smile.

We sit down and I flatten out my skirt. "I have some designs that I've been working on," I begin as I take out my recent sketches.

"I've recently talked with Angelica, she saids she wants lace decoration on the shoulders, and she wants a big puffy bottom." Mrs. Zamora informs as she shows the things she jotted down. "The dress has to beige or white, and she wants knitted flower designs at the bottom."

A light bulb goes off in my head. "We can use your 2005 design," I point at it in the portfolio. "For the bottom and for the top we can use this design I made last year."

"That would go perfectly," Mrs. Zamora agrees. "We can have the lace important from England, and I can have the flower designs knitted at my factory in Paris."

I nod in agreement. "I will start sketching the design, and I can send it to you via email." I suggest and she nods.

"The color should be white," Mrs. Zamora comments. "It will match more with her complexion than beige."

"I will call her, so I can take her measurements." I state jotting down a reminder in my planner.

Finally having decided everything our food is brought. "I'm really honored to be able to do this project with you," I confess.

Mrs. Zamora hands me a smile. "I think this will be my last collaboration before I retire." She replies causing my jaw to drop. "I want spend the rest of my time with family and grandchildren. Especially now that Jane is expecting another baby."

"Congratulations," I state with a smile. "I'm happy for her, and for you. Honestly, you will forever be my idol." I add.

"The best gift of all is being a mother," Mrs. Zamora replies. "And now grandma." She turns to look at me. "Are you and Kenneth planning on having children anytime soon?" She asks.

I shake my head. "Right now we want to focus on these projects we have, and our relationship. We want to be absolutely ready to take on that responsibility." I lie.

"You two are young. I agree you should enjoy your time together," She answers, adding a wink at the end of the second sentence. "Children are a big responsibility, but they are also a wonderful blessing."

I agreed with Mrs. Zamora, but I was not sure about eloping with Kenneth. I was still a virgin, giving myself to him was not something I had planned. Marrying him, was not something I had planned. It had always been Quinn who would be in my future dreams, it was him who I pictured as my children's father. But things don't always end up as we wish.

"I know," I answer with a small smile.

* * *

"Misses Hathaway, how did the meeting with misses Zamora go?" Mary asks with curious eyes.

I give her a grin. "Wonderful! The dress should be finished a month before the wedding." I reply.

Mary smiles back sharing my happiness. "Oh, before I forget—"

"Hey wifey," I turn around to face Kenneth who stood by my office door.

"Hello hubby," I answer dryly pushing him into my office. "What are you doing here? Wait, no, let me guess, you came to inform me about another family dinner."

Kenneth shakes his head. "No, I came to inform you that we have been invited to the MAT awards."

My jaw drops in disbelief. "You are kidding." I state but he shakes his head once more. "How did you score an invitation?" I ask.